Heater Plug HELP!!!!!

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Heater Plug HELP!!!!!

Postby xohcef » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:03 pm

So i went around a sharp right hand turn this past week. My plug heater plug went under the right front tire and.... twang cut right off. My question is, Will one of you guys do a continutity test to see which color wire runs to each prong in the male plug? Mine ripped clean off and have no reference as to which wire color went to common/gound/power, i undersand its covered by this brown isulation but it should have some individual wire colors underneath. Thanks in advance 1G!!
93 d350 extended cab dually, NV5600, he351cw, DDP stage 3, industrial man ported, ported head, 60# springs, 354 spring, holley blue, aeromotive fpr, South bend single disc/hydros, kelderman dual bag.
xohcef
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Heater Plug HELP!!!!!

Postby PToombs » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:05 pm

I wouldn't worry about it myself. If I was doing it I would just throw a new one on it. I do know the middle wire is ground. I don't think it makes much difference which is neutral or power, IMO.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Or order a new cord.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Dunno the colors, but the two flat prongs will go to the two female holes on the heater side, I don't think direction matters, and the round prong will go to a little metal tab that grounds to the heater body and engine block.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical