Blower motor Relay

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Blower motor Relay

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I saw the blower mod over on DTR and was curious if just modifying just the high speed on the blower was the only way to do it. Also does the A/C clutch run on the same circuit as the fan? If i turn my a/c on and my fan on high there is a wire in my steering column that gets really hot.
93 Dodge W250 4X4, Custom air intake, Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, HX-35W with Banks upgrades, KDP fixed, Getrag 5 speed, Isspro Tach, pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. Raptor 150, 3200 rpm spring, Power Screw in 1 turn, aftermarket fuel pin
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Blower motor Relay

Postby Philip » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:07 am

The A/C is a different circuit. The blower motor is most likely going bad. Thats why the wire from the switch is getting hot. Old motors will start pulling to many amps when they start to die. Most of the time they don't make noise eather.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:40 am

Putting high load items on a relay is a bad idea, because most times people ignore the problem that causes the load, OR they are trying to put too much load onto 1 circuit not meant for it.

90% of the problem with wiring getting hot is too much resistance at the receiving end, which is caused by shorted items or A BAD GROUND.
Putting stuff on relays is risking a burn down of epic proportions.
Do it RIGHT, fix the problem the PROPER way.

Check the resistance of everything related to the system you're troubleshooting, especially the blower motor and the A/C clutch.
There is also a couple of resistance coils for the blower motor mounted into the cowl behind the ABS module, check them, as well.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Alright ill check into it a little more. I do know the guy who had the truck before me messed with the wiring in the steering column for some dumb reason...
93 Dodge W250 4X4, Custom air intake, Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, HX-35W with Banks upgrades, KDP fixed, Getrag 5 speed, Isspro Tach, pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. Raptor 150, 3200 rpm spring, Power Screw in 1 turn, aftermarket fuel pin
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical