Wait to start light flashing

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Wait to start light flashing

Postby blakemartz12 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:21 pm

My wait to start light doesn't shut off and when I start driving it flashes and stays on the whole time. It's a 92 so it's regulated by the PCM. I cleaned the grounds and checked all my connections including the PCM . The speedometer works intermittently, oil pressure light comes on and off, fuel gauge only works when full, and odometer doesn't work (never checked into that and not sure if its related). So I'm thinking with that many problems it has to be a bad PCM. Any other options? Anything else I can check? Thanks
blakemartz12
fuel pin?

Re: Wait to start light flashing

Postby Mckinney » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm in the same boat. My gauges are all over the place except engine temp and speedo along with the WTS light constantly flashing. I read in another post that it may cause your heater can not to work? Mine doesn't work so hopefully I could fix most of the issues with a couple fixes. Any ideas?
Mckinney
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Check and clean all the grounds. It's always tie 1st place to start on these trucks.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Nughuffer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:39 am

Check your grid heater relays & wiring as well as all the grounds previously posted.
Nughuffer
fuel pin?

Postby Mckinney » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:17 pm

My heater grid relay had one of the small 90 degree connections unplugged cause the WTS light to flash. I plugged it back in and it melted one of the connections on the relay itself! I'm removing the heater system now. I also removed the dash and found a loose dirty connection on the driverside of the dash after some cleaning my gauges are mucch more stable and now I can finally see them at night
Mckinney
fuel screw!!!!

Postby sloppy2nds000 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 am

im in the same boat, as of yesterday, my heater quit blowing so i switched it off cause i thought it was burning up, then my wait to start light and water in fuel light came on intermittently, after an hour with not heat the heater started working but my headlights then started dimming intermittently.

so i took apart the blower and cleaned it all out and lubed the armature just to be sure. it was was dusty and dirty inside. then i cleaned all the grounds in the engine compartment and made a new engine to fire wall and battery to rad support strap. they werent bad but i wasnt sure. i inspected all the under the hood wiring and some of the visible under the dash wiring. no obvious signs of a culprit. all my grounds were cleaned and greased 2 years ago. they still were perfect and shinny, but i regreased just to be safe.

today i plan to get into the dash.
91 w250 a518 regular cab plow truck, bone stock, just over 100k, 1 ton front springs and air bags in the rear
94.5 f350 crew cab long bed powerstroke, 100hp beans injectors, solid state chip with 6 pos switch, adrenaline HPOP, about to turn 300k, summer work truck.
1970 bmw 2002, inka orange
1987 vw golf gti, 2.0l conversion
1994 bmw 525i
sloppy2nds000
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical