headlights

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

headlights

Postby stoneagemaxx » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 am

Well I put a new battery and voltage regulator in today they were under warranty I ran a wire from the voltage regulator to the neg post and made sure there was bare metal behind the regulator at idle the lights are dim an the guage is at the first line on the volt meter and goes to normal when throttle is applied I put relays in a while ago also ran higher guage wire thr hi beams engage the low beams via relay too I dont seem to remember this prob before

Thanks, Tim
91 d250. 2wd std cab i/c convert 3.07 rears autometer guages htt stage 3 turbo 47rh convert 2 manualy controled od an lockup turns on fuel screw .5 on smoke screw and fuel pin rotated 3800gsk timing jumped 1 tooth retarded on pump settings for now resealed ip to come in spring he351ve and full 4 in ex hopefully injectors coolertubz for the other rig thanks Tim
stoneagemaxx
fuel screw!!!!

Re: headlights

Postby stoneagemaxx » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:55 am

Also noticed the cigarette lighter dosent work at idle ive got a snapon flashlight that plugsinto it along with my phone charger
91 d250. 2wd std cab i/c convert 3.07 rears autometer guages htt stage 3 turbo 47rh convert 2 manualy controled od an lockup turns on fuel screw .5 on smoke screw and fuel pin rotated 3800gsk timing jumped 1 tooth retarded on pump settings for now resealed ip to come in spring he351ve and full 4 in ex hopefully injectors coolertubz for the other rig thanks Tim
stoneagemaxx
fuel screw!!!!

Re: headlights

Postby dpuckett » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Sounds like a low idle to me. Or a cheap, parts store regulator. Have you verified your idle speed?
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical