headlights make the wipers run and no blower

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

headlights make the wipers run and no blower

Postby Jl0696 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:36 pm

92 w250 just got cab swap done few months ago, then the trans failed got that finished now onto electrical gremlins. turning on the headlights makes the makes the wipers run and they dont always stop when the headlights are turned back off. also the right dash blinker light is on the whole time the headlights are on and when the right signal is turned on it just stays lit it doesnt flash. it functions normally with the headlights off.
lastly the blower motor will not work there is power through the fuse on both sides the resistor plug has battery voltage at all but one of the pins. im waiting on a new resistor since the new cab didnt have a/c and i forgot to grab it out of the old cab. i still have to pull the dash apart to test for power at the back of the blower switch.
Jl0696
fuel pin?

Re: headlights make the wipers run and no blower

Postby dazedandconfused » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:11 pm

It sounds like a ground issue to me.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Re: headlights make the wipers run and no blower

Postby PToombs » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Sounds like grounds to me too. If the signal light in the dash is on when the lights are on that's a common sign of a bad ground or bad bulb. The light is grounding back thru the signal circuit, making the dash light up.
Make sure of all the grounds, battery to core support, back of engine to firewall, under dash to the right of the steering column on that metal bracket, and the tail light harness grounds to the frame right at the back on the drivers side.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical