Truck wont start

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Truck wont start

Postby PToombs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:58 pm

The fusible link may have burned up before or after the fuse you put in. If you have power at the fuse cut the rest of the link off between the fuse and the hard wires and hook the fuse wire direct to them.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Re: Truck wont start

Postby mitchk » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 pm

pretty sure i found the real problem. My starter. i finally took the time to learn how to use my multi meter and after going over evrything to make sure i was getting power i noticed that brown wire going down to my starter was wore through the insulater in one spot and i thought that was it but i was still getting power down at the starter. so i tried to jump that plug again and nothing. all it took was a light tap with a ratchet and it turned over. explains why it worked when it felt like it. lot of wasted time for something so easy but i did find some other things that needed to be fixed in the proccess so not all a waste. funny how its usually the simplest things.
Daily: 91 d350 727 gear vendors over drive, 3/8 feed line, THD lplp, maxed pump, Denny t 2, timing to head, #366 spring, 60# valve springs, arp studs, 60 horse injectors?(po), THD bahf, s362sxe

Project: 93 w250 5 speed, ground stock pin, #366 spring, 60# valve springs, THD lplp, intercooled compressor non intercooled turbine, diamond eye 4 inch, custom intake, south bend hd single
mitchk
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Electrical