Wait to start light on all the time 92 W250

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Wait to start light on all the time 92 W250

Postby Ryker Carruthers » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Got in my truck this morning to start it, the wait to start light didnt come on, it hasn't since its warmed up. I let it get warm and then turned the heat on. After a few seconds the fan quit. got to the shop and cycled the key to see if that was it. Still isnt working. My windows still work. I know on another truck i have been in the windows and heat would quit at the same time, play with the key and it would come back. Could it be fusable links? Unrelated to this, but my spedometer is off about 13 mph at 60 mph, and my fuel gauge bobbs up and down. I cleaned the connection at the tank and it does it still. on a smooth road it will stay constant but if you hit a bump it will head down. Any ideas/ suggestions?
Thanks, Ryker
Ryker Carruthers

92 W250 g360 3.55's
Ryker Carruthers
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Wait to start light on all the time 92 W250

Postby BobS » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Ryker Carruthers wrote:Got in my truck this morning to start it, the wait to start light didnt come on, it hasn't since its warmed up.

Normal. The temperature sensing switch shuts down the system above a certain temperature.

Ryker Carruthers wrote:I let it get warm and then turned the heat on. After a few seconds the fan quit. got to the shop and cycled the key to see if that was it. Still isnt working. My windows still work. I know on another truck i have been in the windows and heat would quit at the same time, play with the key and it would come back. Could it be fusable links?

Replace heater fuse. Mine does this if I turn it to the highest position.

Ryker Carruthers wrote: Unrelated to this, but my spedometer is off about 13 mph at 60 mph, and my fuel gauge bobbs up and down. I cleaned the connection at the tank and it does it still. on a smooth road it will stay constant but if you hit a bump it will head down. Any ideas/ suggestions?

Thanks, Ryker

Oversize diameter tires? Speedometer adapter at the transfer case replaced with the incorrect range adapter?

The fuel gauge normally fluctuates more as the quantity in the tank decreases. Keep it full as financially possible.
BobS

Creating jobs is a byproduct of making a PROFIT!

91.5 W250 NV4500 Conversion
89 D350 Stock
92 W250 Crew Cab finally in progress
86 D150 wannabe 4BT http://4btswaps.com/
BobS
14mm rotor

Postby Ryker Carruthers » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 am

Okay I will try and do the heater fuse tonight. Doesn't matter what speed the fan is. Yesterday as I left school the wait to start light was off and my fan worked. A few minutes later I got to work and my wait to start light came on and my fan slowly stopped. It will go back to normal and then come on and the fan quits again. It has 265-75-R16's.
Thanks, Ryker
Ryker Carruthers

92 W250 g360 3.55's
Ryker Carruthers
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Ryker Carruthers » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:38 am

The WTS light hasnt come on for awhile now. If it keeps working I am not going to mess with it. Fuel gauge is going down rapidly... I hope it is just the sender and i am not getting 10 gallons per mile. I think I have a good sender at a buddies place for the fuel gauge. My spedo reads 43 when I am doing 55.
Thanks, Ryker
Ryker Carruthers

92 W250 g360 3.55's
Ryker Carruthers
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Sounds like the ratio box is gone or it's the wrong one on it.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Ryker Carruthers » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:34 am

Pete that would make sense, but the PO said it would work and read right. before it sat. Could the speed transmitter be bad?
Ryker Carruthers

92 W250 g360 3.55's
Ryker Carruthers
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Maybe, but I still bet on a drive issue. I could be wrong, it happened once. My wife says twice but she keeps telling me she's losing weight but buys bigger pants, so I don't believe her. ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical