Grounding Issues!?...Suggestions?..:-o

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Grounding Issues!?...Suggestions?..:-o

Postby Fred Average » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:10 am

On my 55K mile,1992 D250,it would seen the sporadic frequent "on and off" workings of the: radio,signals,heater fan,etc. could be related to the weak OEM grounds.

I'm thinking a heavier gauge cable from the battery to the block,to the frame and to the cab.

Any suggestions/can someone recommend a more detailed/direct grounding area in the cab related to the workings of the accesssories?

Thank You. 8)
Fred Average
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Grounding Issues!?...Suggestions?..:-o

Postby Tacoclaw » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:45 pm

On the Ramcharger I'm working on, the only two grounds I found inside the cab were behind and above the ashtray. Just two eyes behind a bolt.

I had nonstop ground issues on the RC until I took the little ground that's tucked between the wiper motor and coil(on a gasser), and extended both of its wires to the negative post of the battery. I also ran a heavier wire from the negative post to the core support, but the firewall wires seemed to be what made everything work well in my cab.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Re: Grounding Issues!?...Suggestions?..:-o

Postby Fred Average » Fri May 09, 2014 2:02 am

Great,thanks for the tip! :)

I'm currently trying to locate a good source locally for cable,wire,connectors,etc.

And will then wire this thing up like the Starship Enterprise & get her grounded better than a 26 year old with her 46 year old boyfriends credit cards! :lol:
Fred Average
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical