Headlights, cablights, turn signals

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Headlights, cablights, turn signals

Postby ThatOld1stGen92 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Today as I was driving my truck my fuse panel fell out from the dash as I went to set it back in place I heard a pop coming from behind the dash, my radio went out for a few seconds and it came back on then I checked my headlights to find out that they didn't work at all and neither do the turn signals or cablights. I replaced all fuses and still nothing replaced the headlight switch as well and still nothing. I did however notice that a yellow a tan and a browm wire behind the dash had melted together. If anyone could help with how to just get my headlights and marker lights working again it'd be greatly appreciated!

Also if anyone knows a simple way of wiring my headlights and all that to a simple toggle switch I'd appreciate that as well! Thanks!
Andrew "Goose"
'92 Dodge W250 M&H stage 3 fuel pin, 4k governor spring
ThatOld1stGen92
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Headlights, cablights, turn signals

Postby CumminsPower59 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:55 am

Check in here.
http://1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11477

Fix the burn wire properly, find out what it does, and where it came from. One of the leading issues with these trucks is sub par factory wiring and improper repairs. Always pull the fuse panel off BEFORE stuffing the fuse block under the dash, it actually attaches to that panel. I imagine it probably shorted to the steering column when it got stuffed under the dash, the back side of the fuse block has a lot of hot connections. Did you use a multimeter or test light before replacing the headlight switch and fuses? A wiring schematic and a good multimeter are your best friends she making electrical repairs on these trucks.
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical