new to me 93 Cummins

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

new to me 93 Cummins

Postby Playa.Perro » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 am

Used to be a member, forgot all my stuff and now I'm back. Old truck was El Negro.....a 92 Cummins with lots of desert go fast goodies. Just picked up a 93 Cummins LE regular cab, long bed 2wd BEATER. Paid 1400 bucks, runs good, trans is sound (auto), body is crap. The guy said it has a push button starter and a kill switch....apparently the wiring is baked too. I need some help and advice, I haven't worked on a 1st gen in a couple years and have forgotten everything about my old one.....except my love for this motor! Could the PCM be shot? Fusible links? I have nothing at the key and with the kill switch installed I have no charging of my battery. I did the replacement regulator on my old one and liked it so it will happen here as well. Every panel has to be replaced and this truck will be a short bed reg cab before I get to drive it.
Playa.Perro
smoke screw?

Re: new to me 93 Cummins

Postby Tacoclaw » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:09 am

1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby Playa.Perro » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Ok...remembering now. Got power inside but nothing at the shut down solenoid.
Playa.Perro
smoke screw?

Postby oldestof11 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:58 pm

PM BC847 and he can get you into your old account.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Playa.Perro » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:00 pm

My message board says I have to participate more...? Hey BC, my old handle was Matchew...I like my new one better though. Not sure if you can Vulcan mind meld the 2 or not.

Any how, I ended up running a jumper wire off the VR to the shut down solenoid and viola! Purrs like a kitten! Ordered a new 4" Turbo back exhaust....mine is entirely missing and getting ready to swap a bunch of body parts.....nothing but the cab is straight. Also cutting the frame down to fit a short bed box....why be normal? Looking for a bit of a prerunner look like my old first gen.
Playa.Perro
smoke screw?

Return to Electrical