Fuse panel floating around under dash.

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Fuse panel floating around under dash.

Postby shackwrrr » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Anyone have any pictures of how the the fuse panel is supposed to mount under the dash? Mine is just floating around and falls out every once and a while.

Thanks
1991 w250 RCLB
3 speed auto Non IC truck
shackwrrr
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Fuse panel floating around under dash.

Postby PToombs » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:14 pm

The 2 round tabs go into hooks on the upper side of the panel under the steering wheel, then the tab on the bottom of it goes into the square loop at the bottom edge of that panel. Sorry, I don't have any pics for you. Pull that panel off and look at the back side, if all 3 tabs are there it should be pretty obvious. You can also hook it up and then put the panel back in if it's easier for you.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby shackwrrr » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 pm

I had found another thread that mentioned that, went and looked at my truck. No such clips to be found :(. ziptie holding it in now. The interior is the worst part about my truck. Wish I could find a mint LE interior to swap over...

Thanks for the help.
1991 w250 RCLB
3 speed auto Non IC truck
shackwrrr
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RumbleFish » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:46 am

That moronic idea of mounting the fuse box to the panel is one of my biggest gripes about these trucks. I wish it was in the glove box like to 70s models. That said, PO of my truck spun the box 180 degrees and strapped it to the dash frame. The cover no longer fits, but its oh so nice to pull a fuse straight out and not deal with getting the tabs lined up anymore.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical