Mangled engine harnesses

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Mangled engine harnesses

Postby Cornell3786 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey guys I have been reading up on this for about a month and have every wiring diagram that the Internet has to offer!

Here is my issue

I had two hacked up engine harnesses. Attempted to make one.

I know I can bypass this and just use a toggle switch for that, but I'm trying to sell this truck and I don't want to look like I am a terrible mechanic.

Redid the entire harness. I have everything done except two fricken wires

Starter solenoid (can't figure out where to wire it up)

Another wire is spliced into the harness by one of the relays. Without it I only have headlights

With it wired to the battery I have everything.

I need to find a key on hot and I tested every wire under the hood and can't find one.

Hope someone can help
Cornell3786
fuel pin?

Re: Mangled engine harnesses

Postby thrashingcows » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 pm

What year is your truck? I would recommend when doing wiring like this you should invest in a Factory Service Manual. Geno's sells them on CD for relatively cheap.
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Re: Mangled engine harnesses

Postby PToombs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Knowing the year of the truck makes a big difference in the harnesses, or what year they came from, as wire colors changed a little.

The wire for the starter solenoid comes from a relay on the fender to a 2 wire black plug by the battery and then down to the starter.

The wire that's not hooked up was probably a fusible link. It came off the battery and went to that wire.

What do you need the key on hot for?
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical