Power windows and Blower motor circuit problems

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Power windows and Blower motor circuit problems

Postby 9312v » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 pm

The PO had done some weird wiring at the fuse block for the blower motor. He added a fuse to the green wire( blower motor circuit?) also added one to the red with black wire that at least on my truck looks like a factory splice off of the Black and orange that supplies power from the IGN s/w to the windows and blower factory fuse locations. The factory wiring for the window circuit is intact and I have power at the black with orange tracer. However I don't have power at the windows unless I take the circuit breaker out and jump it to battery +.

Now for the blower circuit, if I jump the green wire to B+ I have power at the 12ga brown wire on the three prong connector at the back of the heater control unit. From there I checked the white wire with a green? tracer and the tan wire for power. The tan wire had nothing and the white wire had millivolts. Still nothing at the fan speed switch. There are no open connections in that switch as I ohmed the switch out in all positions.

I am stumped. Any help would be great.

Thank you
93 w250, 366 spring, BD pin, 5x12 Injectors from Eric, nv4500, super B, high volume low pressure LP, PS I/C
9312v
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Power windows and Blower motor circuit problems

Postby dr_funk » Tue May 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Did I read that correctly? You have the windows and blower motor wired to accessory through a spliced-in fuse holder? They're not running through the accessory relay?
dr_funk
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical