Under dash relay

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Under dash relay

Postby Snoman_80 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Ok guys I am sure this has been asked before and I may have seen the answer somewhere but I will ask because I could not find an answer using the search function. What is the small relay or under the dash below the fuse box. It is taped to the wiring harness and is about 5/8" in diameter by 1 1/2 long roughly. It has three flat spades that slide into the connector.

I am just wondering because it felt a bit warm when I was checking things under the dash. I have been traveling out of town and don't have my service manual to research it.

Oh yea this is on a '92 D250 2wd that I just acquired.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'92 D250 Auto, standard cab, Mods- smoke screw turned in, backed out the high idle screw, Cap is missing from the fuel screw but the collar is still there?, more to come......
Snoman_80
fuel pin?

Re: Under dash relay

Postby PToombs » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Is it silver? I've never seen one but it sounds like the timer relay for the halo light around the key. I've seen several people ask about it and said it gets hot, that's how you know what it is. :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Re: Under dash relay

Postby Snoman_80 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:28 pm

Yea Pete it's silver. the timer relay sounds like a good fit. I am sure it is probably hot do to having the door open for awhile. I didn't really want to lay on the floor with the doors closed for 10 minutes to see if it cooled down....LOL.
When I get back home I will verify it in the service manual.

So far the new truck seems pretty nice. It is from Kansas with no rust and only a couple small dents. Gotta get my signature updated with the info.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
'92 D250 Auto, standard cab, Mods- smoke screw turned in, backed out the high idle screw, Cap is missing from the fuel screw but the collar is still there?, more to come......
Snoman_80
fuel pin?

Return to Electrical