Lost Power to HVAC System and Power Windows

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Lost Power to HVAC System and Power Windows

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:23 pm

I just recently replaced the blower motor in my W250. I took it for a test drive and all was going good. I stopped at a place and let it idle for like 5 min with the fan on hi and max ac, came back out and no fan, no ac, and no power windows. I checked fuses but none of them were bad. Is there a fusible link somewhere or any other ideas?
93 Dodge W250 4X4, Custom air intake, Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, HX-35W with Banks upgrades, KDP fixed, Getrag 5 speed, Isspro Tach, pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. Raptor 150, 3200 rpm spring, Power Screw in 1 turn, aftermarket fuel pin
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Lost Power to HVAC System and Power Windows

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:28 am

found the problem. Fusible link burned up under the hood on the drivers side. Anyone ever just convert these to fuses? Seems much easier to maintain that way.
93 Dodge W250 4X4, Custom air intake, Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, HX-35W with Banks upgrades, KDP fixed, Getrag 5 speed, Isspro Tach, pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. Raptor 150, 3200 rpm spring, Power Screw in 1 turn, aftermarket fuel pin
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Yeah, somebody did, It was a lot of work. IIRC he posted what he used for fuses in what position, it's on here someplace. If you have good luck with the search feature you can find it.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby DodgeFreak » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Not a lot of work when you just splice a fuse holder in and tie it up to the fender lol
92 D350 Cab and Chassis. Auto stock, wiring gremlins. 330k miles
92 W250 Ext cab rotted completely out. Auto, pump maxed, 215 ppump nozzles, Denny T2 pin.
85 D350 single wheel, converted to cummins, getrag, turned up 2 turns and afc screw flush.
DodgeFreak
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:35 pm

That's true, but he didn't do it like you would! :lol: I think he put in a fuse box and wired it in. Now you got me wondering, so I have to go search it.

Curse you Zach! :evil:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Either I'm getting better at the search or I'm getting lucky! 2nd time lately that I found what I was looking for pretty quick.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8411
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby DodgeFreak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:30 pm

lol, I think I'm going to run a bigger fuse box that has a lot of relays and figure out what controls what and run most everything off a relay. Also, I've got a 15amp fuse in there and it hasn't blown yet.
92 D350 Cab and Chassis. Auto stock, wiring gremlins. 330k miles
92 W250 Ext cab rotted completely out. Auto, pump maxed, 215 ppump nozzles, Denny T2 pin.
85 D350 single wheel, converted to cummins, getrag, turned up 2 turns and afc screw flush.
DodgeFreak
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:48 pm

I put a 2nd gen fuse box in my truck for all my accessory stuff. It was a PITA job, I won't do it again. Next time I will buy a Painless box or something like that. It took me a long time, 1st I had to figure out what fuse ran what relay, then figure out what wires did what on the relays, then I wired it into the truck. I have a relay feeding the trailer lights, a large fuse feeding the trailer power, fuses and relays for the fuel pump in the RC tank, fuses and relays for each headlight, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. It's a rats nest of wires underneath the thing.
The good news is I labeled the fuses and relays. :mrgreen:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:03 am

Good info guys! Im still deciding if I just want to keep it simple or change all the fuse links out. Still looking for a fuse block that makes sense for a few circuits and waterproof.
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical