Harness help

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Harness help

Postby Rcampbell » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Hello everyone
I just acquired a 91 d350 that my dad bought brand new. I remember riding in it from the dealership when I was a 6 year old little girl. I drove the truck in college and it burned the ignition wire during that time (2005). Then it sat in my parents yard for many years. Rather than replace the burned wire my dad cut the fuse box out of the truck. And just let me defend him, he was diagnosed with dementia. So I am essentially needing somebody to rewire this thing. I don't have the time or knowledge to do it and neither does my husband. Is there anybody around MS that knows the wiring on these trucks and is willing to fix it?
Rcampbell
smoke screw?

Re: Harness help

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:06 pm

You would be better off to find someone parting one of these trucks out and just replace the dash harness.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby Rcampbell » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Ok what type of dash harnesses will work?
Can one off a gasser dodge work or no?
Will any dodge cummins from 91-93 work? This truck has no power windows and no cruise. It is intercooled if that makes a difference.
Rcampbell
smoke screw?

Postby Rcampbell » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Ok after looking through the truck I found a replacement fuse box with some of the wires still in it for identification. It looks like I can plug the wiring harness wires into the fuse box. The box is identical to the old one. So maybe this won't be such a big ordeal after all. I also have photos of the wires going into the old fuse box. ;)
Rcampbell
smoke screw?

Return to Electrical