everything electrical stopped working all at once

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

everything electrical stopped working all at once

Postby the12valvekid » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:45 am

hey guys i was wondering if anyone could provide me with some answers or ideas on getting my truck running. I drove my truck down the road to run errands this morning and as i was leaving a parking lot my radio and gauges shut off all at once, me not being so smart i pulled over and pulled the shut down cable (gutted FSS) and after that my truck does a whole lotta nothing. The door buzzer and the interior light still work but the truck will not start,crank or show any signs of life. my wiring is far from good considering its been hacked together by many previous owners for various reasons but i wiggled/ checked my grounds and fuseable links to see if it was something that simple with no luck. its hard for me to tell what the problem is because all the wires look problematic. i am going to go jump my starter with a jumper wire to get it home but if anybody has any advice that would be much appreciated -Matt
92 dodge w250 A518 "Linda Lovelace". Had it a year Been on the road 2 months. Everything was broken...
the12valvekid
fuel pin?

Re: everything electrical stopped working all at once

Postby Philip » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:35 pm

You blew a fuse link. They are located by the drive side hood hinge. Its has 4 or 5 wires coming out a "Y" looking block. The switch uses two of the wires for power. One or more have blown. If those short wires don't look burnt. Pull on each one. Sometimes the other covering doesn't melt when they blow.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Re: everything electrical stopped working all at once

Postby the12valvekid » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

I looked a little closer and it ended up being a fuseable link, it was pretty well toasted. Thank you for the help
92 dodge w250 A518 "Linda Lovelace". Had it a year Been on the road 2 months. Everything was broken...
the12valvekid
fuel pin?

Return to Electrical