Remote start

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Remote start

Postby GO OVRIT » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:04 pm

I was toying with the idea of putting keyless entry/remote start on my 92. As I was looking at some kits it crossed my mind that the system might not be fast enough. Every fist gen I've had is running before it cranks a full revolution. Does anybody have any experience with how fast they detect that the engine is running and kill power to the starter?
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:42 am

i was talking to a instilation guy about a remot start on a diesel, he said there expensive becuase the have to have a delay for glow plugs, lots of wiring, i dont think that extra second or two would be a big deal
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby DTanklage » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:57 pm

do you think that would relate to our motors?

bet you could use just about any remote start

like you said, they start right up
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Re: Remote start

Postby ofcmarc » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:10 am

GO OVRIT wrote:I was toying with the idea of putting keyless entry/remote start on my 92. As I was looking at some kits it crossed my mind that the system might not be fast enough. Every fist gen I've had is running before it cranks a full revolution. Does anybody have any experience with how fast they detect that the engine is running and kill power to the starter?

I got a cheapo readystart in mine and it works fine. There's not even a tach hook up to detect the enging running and the starter never over cranks
'92 W-250, Getrag, Pump Tweeked, 366 Spring, Fuel Pin Spun, 14cm W/G, 3.5in Exhaust, Pyro/Boost Gauges, Front End Leveled, 202K
ofcmarc
fuel pin?

Return to Electrical