Gauges Not Working? Check This Out

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Gauges Not Working? Check This Out

Postby TWorline » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 pm

My gauges developed an intermitent problem, they quit, all of them except the oil pressure, even the speedometer decided to take a rest even though I put a new lense on all of them! :mad: Well I thought that maybe I did not get everything plugged back in tight so I pulled it all back out and it was plugged in tight. Next I went to the fuse block ohm tested the fuse, good. Pulled the 5 amp. fuse and it felt like one side had tension on the lugs the other did not. Evidently the PO used one of the popular "tap a fuse" products for power to some accessory and expanded the terminal out to where voltage would go through but not enough was in contact to run everything. For those of you that are not aware of what a tap a fuse is, it is a small piece of brass that slides down the lug of a fuse and allows you a terminal to connect the device of your choice to aid you in burning your truck to the ground. :roll: So if you have an intermittent problem with things on your truck check your fuse terminals after you check your grounds and fusible links. :grin:
Tim Worline
1992 W250 Club Cab LE, S300 62/71, 5" stainless intake, 4" into 5" exhaust, ATS exhaust manifold, SDX 5X18 Injectors, AirDog 150, Borgeson shaft, Coolingmist Vari-cool, Con OFEK, 3" Stainless CoolerTubz, 354/749.

http://www.CoolerTubz.com/
TWorline
14mm rotor

Postby greasemonkey » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 am

i hate those things with a passion! those and the little blade crimps to 'cut' into an existing wire to get power from it!
well, at least when people try that cheap crap on aircraft, it's only on experimental and the dumb ones get weeded out quickly.
'93 250 4x4 NV4500, flatbed, club cab, ex brake, pump tweaked, too many new ideas thanks to you guys.
dubbed the "Mexican Mtn Goat"

..if you find yourself in a fair fight you did not properly prepare..
..hot rodders are the original recyclers!..
greasemonkey
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical