Help with odo

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Help with odo

Postby KRB64 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:26 am

I posted this on the "other" forum but have run into a dead end so I posting here realizing that some of you guys are the same so I apologize for repeating myself... :oops:

OK, I reset the trip odometer after a fuel up a while back only to realize that it had quit. Speedo etc works fine.

Got on the DTR forum and thanks to the sticky found out how to fix it. Ordered the little gears.

Replaced them per sticky. My little gear had 4 teeth missing. Spun gears as directed and odo numbers moved too. Put everything back together but still no odo. :mad:

Finally had time to take dash apart AGAIN. Reset and rechecked gears. Tested that everything turned by spinning gears with an awl. Numbers racked up. Plugged head back into housing, 3 prongs were tight. Reassembled and double checked all connections. STILL no odo!

What else could it be? What am I missing? How do I check to make sure the little motor that turns the gears is getting juice? I need my odo for work records .
'92 W250 CC LE, auto, OD on shift, 3.54 limited; boost/PT pyro/tranny, oil temp, fuel press, tach; Bosch 190s, Ol' Smoky, 366 spring, full fuel, pull cable, 1/8" bump, synthetics, Borgeson, aFe, 16cm house, 4" pipe, AT cooler, ton shoes, ext reg...
KRB64
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dpuckett » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 pm

My advice would be to swap in a known good odometer for testing purposes. They can be a big PITA, BTDT.

Philip, Pete?

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Are you saying we're PITA's? :shock:

I might have the one from the '86, it's cable drive though. I'd have to look.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby KRB64 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 am

My brother is keeping his donor truck at my place. Guess I could "borrow" his cluster and see what happens. Will have to make sure it works first though I guess.
Thanks,
'92 W250 CC LE, auto, OD on shift, 3.54 limited; boost/PT pyro/tranny, oil temp, fuel press, tach; Bosch 190s, Ol' Smoky, 366 spring, full fuel, pull cable, 1/8" bump, synthetics, Borgeson, aFe, 16cm house, 4" pipe, AT cooler, ton shoes, ext reg...
KRB64
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical