Thing that looks like a flasher is damn hot!

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Thing that looks like a flasher is damn hot!

Postby Callan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Hey Guys, new to the site but looks like there are some pretty smart cookies here so here is my question. I am doing some stereo wiring in my W250 tonight and i noticed that this thing that looks a lot like a flasher is taped to the wiring harness just behind the fuse panel. Now i know its not the flasher but with everything off and the truck hasn't ran for a day or so now it is really hot to the touch. Does anyone know what this is for? or if this is normal?

Thanks

Andrew
Callan
fuel screw!!!!

Postby CAJUN 93 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:01 am

that is the relay for the glow lamp that goes around the ignition cylinder. as long as the door is open the lamp is on and the relay gets REALLY hot. its perfectly normal.

i used to get lots of customers at the mopar parts counter who needed to replace it because the truck wouldnt run and this little silver thing is hot so that must be the problem :lol: . i usually told them otherwise unless they wanted to argue, then i just sold it and wished them luck.

daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Postby Callan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:20 am

Thanks, that is what i needed to know. Always a concern when your working with wiring and you find something getting really hot and can't figure out why! lol But that info definitely makes me feel better.
93 W250 LE, ext. cab, auto, 4x4, 4 inch straight pipe, 3200 spring, pump turned up, POD's, 14cm turbo housing, 2 inch lift, 33" BFG's, Eagle alloy wheels, Arizona truck.
Callan
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical