brake switch

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

brake switch

Postby 1991cummins » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:27 pm

does anyone know if the break light switch there on the pedal is on the ground side or the hot side...

my break lights are stuck on, and i am just brainstorming as what could be the problem.

i would assume it was the switch, but i tried to remove the fuse so that it wouldnt run my battery down and they still stayed on... so i was thinking that maybe i spliced into it and made it hot... but that could only happen if it was a hot side switch...

thanks,
Derek
1991 D350, reg cab, five speed, 4" dp 5" mitre cuts, 32 gsk, pump max, piston lp, POD injectors, S300, 3" cooler tubz, coolingmist, boost, pyro and tach... dually rockstars black, and custom fit 2nd gen towing mirrors
1991cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Begle1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:08 pm

I don't know if it's ground side. I'll bet it is, since that's how Chysler likes to make things.

I had mine stick on once; the brake light switch that rides against the brake pedal slipped down. I just had to push the switch back up, so that it was making contact, and tie-wrap it in place. It's worked fine since.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby 1991cummins » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:12 am

thanks begle

well i can push the button in by hand and its still stuck on. so its either that switch is out, or the switch is before the light and i wired it always hot...

idk, if anyone anything about that switch it would be great...
1991 D350, reg cab, five speed, 4" dp 5" mitre cuts, 32 gsk, pump max, piston lp, POD injectors, S300, 3" cooler tubz, coolingmist, boost, pyro and tach... dually rockstars black, and custom fit 2nd gen towing mirrors
1991cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby nooblet » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:26 pm

That brake pedal switch has gone out twice on me, both times the brake lights get stuck on. I'm not saying that is your problem, but its a possibility for sure.

What happened on mine is that they got pushed down and stuck. I could pop the plunger back out and it would work for about a day, then it would stick closed again.

Chris
1990 W250 4X4 / PODs / 366 Spring / BHAF / Lockers / 35" BFG MTs / Getrag / Valair Ceramic / 3.54:1's / Phantom II Boost/Pyro / Muffler Delete

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" --T.Roosevelt
nooblet
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Electrical