Changing Bulbs In Cab Lights

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Changing Bulbs In Cab Lights

Postby peobryant » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:31 pm

A couple bulbs in my cab lights are burnt out, so I suppose it's time to change 'em. I haven't really looked into it, but will any basic parts store (Autozone, NAPA) carry the bulb? My main concern is the gasket to keep water out. Can I re-use the stock gasket, or is there an aftermarket source of them?

Also, one of my fender lights is out, so I'm going to replace that as well. Is it the same bulb as the cab light?

Thanks for the help.
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:04 pm

the gaskets can be reused if you are careful. ive had one set on three different trucks, but i sealed them up with silicon. they take a 194 bulb if you didnt know.

as for your fender lights, they are super easy. the light is a sealed assembly. you will get a new lens, with two bulbs in it, and it will have a backing plate with two prongs sticking out. carefully pry your old one out of the mounting base, and find a new one at advance/autozone/nape/o'reillys. i think even walmart carries them. make sure the pins line up, sometimes they need tweaked a bit, and push it back in. then go celebrate with a beverage of your choice.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Alright, thanks for the information. I guess its time to invest in a little silicon. :D
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical