No Odometer or Gas

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

No Odometer or Gas

Postby kb » Sat May 23, 2009 7:57 pm

I just bought a 91 Dodge 350 and the guy that I bought it from said the previous owner disconected the odometer so that it would not rack up miles. I want all this back together. I have found a set of wires under the dash with an ODO SWITH sticker on them. This group of wires has a female plug on the end of it but I can not find were to plug them back in. The set of wires dose not have a lot of lingth to them maybe 6 inch.
kb
smoke screw?

Postby dpuckett » Sat May 23, 2009 8:51 pm

That is the plug in for the OD switch if it had an OD auto (I assume it is a 5speed from the plug and lack of switch).

Does your speedoemter work? If not, hook up your VSS (Vehicle SPeed Sensor) to let it all work. Look on the driver's side of the transmission tail housing, may or may not be attached to a 90deg ratio- reducing adaptor.

If the speedometer works, but the odometer doesnt, it is likely some small (and pricey) plastic gears inside the speedometer head.

Good luck. You have come to the right place for information.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical