No lights.

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

No lights.

Postby mprmn08 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:22 am

None of my wait to start or water in fuel (at least i think that one dont know for sure) work. The only one i know for sure is the wait to start doesnt and im pretty sure my grid heater or nothin is workin either cause it was cold here yesterday when i started it up to see and my amp gauge didnt seem to jump like it was kicking on and off like i thought it would. It really sucks cause im not the greatest with electrical stuff. i can wire basic stuff up but not a troubled shooter when it comes to elec. so any help would be really awesome. thanks guys

chris
93 w250 reg cab. rigged up stock downpipe to 4 inch to 5 inch exhaust from p.o. mild pump tweaks and all other stock for now. Project "smoke a little smoke". www.c-techperformance.com
mprmn08
14mm rotor

Postby Ace » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Check the temp sensors in the intake maifold. I believe the forward one is for the grids and the rearward one (closer to the firewall) is for the KSB. Wouldn't hurt to make sure they are both working and properly connected. I can't remember if they show a resistance change or close the circuit when they set, but it should be easy enough to take them inside where it's warm and compare multimeter readings before/after leaving them in the freezer for a few minutes.
Ace
14mm rotor

Postby mprmn08 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:08 pm

ok i'll try that. thanks ace
93 w250 reg cab. rigged up stock downpipe to 4 inch to 5 inch exhaust from p.o. mild pump tweaks and all other stock for now. Project "smoke a little smoke". www.c-techperformance.com
mprmn08
14mm rotor

Postby mprmn08 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:02 pm

i tore my dash off the other day and i'll tell you what the lights work alot LOT better when there actually plugged in. :oops: work like a charm now. :D
mprmn08
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:28 pm

I hear ya on that! :lol: I've been driving mine on E because I need to pull the tank, and keep waiting for the low fuel light to come on. I've been driving like this for 3 or 4 weeks. You know how the dash lights all come on when you start it for a bulb test? I just realized last week when I started it the light for LF didn't work. :oops:
:lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

Pete, you should pity me.
Not only do I not have a Low Fuel Light on the hauler (tanks don't have the sensors in them), but both guages are also inaccurate below 1/4 tank. :shock:

If I could find a '91-'93 Ramcharger tank, at least the rear tank could be fairly accurate and have a LF light.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Return to Electrical