Hail to the PCM death panel! About to join you

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Hail to the PCM death panel! About to join you

Postby NOMOFO » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:58 pm

You know since the first day I bought this truck I knew that someday I'm going to bypass that thing because it's going to fail, probably cost half a unit ($1,000), and cause a dozen or more headaches troubleshooting. As some of you guys are proving for a few bucks here and there it can be done, you'll know what you have, and it will be serviceable. Kudos to all of you in the process. Love the TPS fixes!! I'm starting with a new high output alternator, externally regulated with an additional outboard bridge rectifier. I carry an extra 4D battery and sometimes two so I think that's what killed the original. This alternator will be a Nippondenso rewound to produce 150A that will bolt right in. From a company in MI called alternatorparts.com. (I'm not affiliated just liked his philosophy) Hopefully it shows up this week.
When it's in I'll post a topic. Looking forward to sharing ideas.
Bob
93 W350, ClubCab, AT, POD's(Delphi), pump tweaked, 4' exhaust (downpipe back), swap turbos occasionally: 12cm for light duty, 16cm for heavy (plain old H1C's) , Mag HT DD pan, etc.
NOMOFO
fuel pin?

Return to Electrical