What are these plugs for?

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

What are these plugs for?

Postby 91W350CTD » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:51 pm

This one is taped to the harness going into the fuse box-

This one is just chillin' hanging out of the harness that goes to the head lights.

This one comes out of the same harness as the one before and connects to the battery. (I know, it's all sorts of jank and melted. I'm pretty sure that is the previous owner's doing.)

And this one is right by the top of the clutch pedal. It's been cut, stripped, and twisted together. I assume this is the clutch safety switch wiring? if so, that would explain why my truck starts w/o the clutch being pushed.
91W350CTD
fuel pin?

Re: What are these plugs for?

Postby oldestof11 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:05 am

The last picture you are right, clutch saftey switch.

3rd pic is the wiring for starter solenoid.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Not sure on the 1st one, 2nd is the cruise control plug, Jon is right on the 3rd, brown wire goes to the solenoid on the starter and red is the power going the other way. Can't remember exactly where it goes to. :oops: And you are correct on the 4th one.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby 93flatbed » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:56 pm

1st it tach plug I think?
Hows that truck run with no throttle cable/rod?
93 W250. Waiting on EFI live to come out with a ve version.
93flatbed
fuel screw!!!!

Postby 91W350CTD » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:49 pm

PToombs wrote:Not sure on the 1st one, 2nd is the cruise control plug, Jon is right on the 3rd, brown wire goes to the solenoid on the starter and red is the power going the other way. Can't remember exactly where it goes to. :oops: And you are correct on the 4th one.

So, if my truck is already wired for CC, if I got the box for it could I just plug it in and hook it up and it work? (I've swapped in a steering column out of an LE so I already have the buttons)

93flatbed wrote:1st it tach plug I think?

I don't think it's the tach plug. I would assume the tach would have 4 wires (power, ground, tach signal, and light) FWIW I have a dash harness out of a gasser and it has that same plug taped up on it.

93flatbed wrote:Hows that truck run with no throttle cable/rod?

Amazing!! Great mileage, absolutely no smoke, egt's never even get over 300 deg!! Only problem is I think my clutch may be about to go because you have to slip it a lot when shifting into the higher gears.

The throttle cable bracket was off because I'm in the process of replacing the PS & vacuum pump.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
91W350CTD
fuel pin?

Postby PToombs » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Welllllll, maybe. :lol: You need to check the plug where the column wires are plugged and see if the cab harness plug has all the wires the column plug does. I have an LE column too, I just haven't put it in yet, so I haven't reached that point. I do have the vacuum unit, but not the correct cable for it. :cry:

That's not the tach plug, tach is square, gray and has 4 wires.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:15 pm

My tach plugs have always been black, Pete. And I have never seen a red wire, as the FSM claims, either.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical