Speedo/ odo issues, not what I expected.

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Speedo/ odo issues, not what I expected.

Postby dpuckett » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:52 pm

Mom's odometer quit working almost 2 years ago. It's an early 92, so I figured it was just the gears that go bad. Got her a "new" speedometer with the later 93-style set up, I dropped it off at her house the other day when I was in the area. She got it installed today, and the numbers dont roll over in this one, either. I'm going to be down there 2-3 days next week shoeing horses, so I will swap in my known good working cluster. But, she is on dial up, so Ithought I'd get y'all's wheels turning now. IF my speedo/odo doesnt work in her truck, either, where do I go from there? Is it possible to have the speedo work, but not the odo, and have a wiring issue along the way? And if it turns out to be the speedo/odo I bought, could it have possibly been damaged in shipping? ( I saw a UPS guy drop a box labelled "FRAGILE" onto a dock from waist high the other day when I was waiting to pick up some freight, so I know how that can go).

Truck is a 4/92 D350 club cab, originally auto, now manual. ~320K actual miles, 294K showing.

Dan
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical