AM/FM CB factory chrysler radio

Does it have spark? And other questions...

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

AM/FM CB factory chrysler radio

Postby Ram360man » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:38 pm

I recently found a guy filing for bankruptcy. He has a 4 stall garage packed full of 70s dodge pickup parts. I offered him some money for all of his truck parts but one part he wanted to sell seperately was a factory am/fm cb radio out of a ramcharger se. He said he doesn't know if it works but was told it does. He also said he has the right antenna for it somewhere too but the mast is broken off. He said he has no idea what its worth and told me to offer him something. I have no idea what one of these is worth. I didn't even know they existed until 2 months ago. I'm 19 and dumb. I was just wondering if any of you guys know what one of these is worth. My buddy wants it for his lil red but if its out of his price range i was thinking about getting it for my 77 powerwagon. He also has all the other crap from the truck. Factory cruise and tilt steering column and all the a/c crap. Any idea what this stuffs worth. truck was a factory 440 removable top truck. I have no idea why he parted it out.
1989 W250. Maxed fuel pump. 5x14. 63/68/14. PS Intercooler. 4200 gov spring. 188/220 cam. Built 727
1989 W250 60mm gds. 2.5 inch crossover. turned up pump. Stock 727.
Ram360man
fuel screw!!!!

Re: AM/FM CB factory chrysler radio

Postby BobS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:37 am

Most radios have a shelf life depending on the components being used. For example carbon resistors attract moisture and change value, electrolytic capacitors have a tendency to dry out over time. I wouldn't spend very much throw money on one. The only value might be to somebody who has a muscle car from that era and would be wanting it to bring it back to the OEM specifications and would be willing to buy it dead or alive just to have it.
BobS

Creating jobs is a byproduct of making a PROFIT!

91.5 W250 NV4500 Conversion
89 D350 Stock
92 W250 Crew Cab finally in progress
86 D150 wannabe 4BT http://4btswaps.com/
BobS
14mm rotor

Return to Electrical