Seat swap in a regular cab?

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Seat swap in a regular cab?

Postby Mopardragster » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:21 pm

Before I spend the money on a 60/40/console seat out of a second gen truck I would like opinions from some of you have did this already. The factory bench has to go one way or another. My '95 sits great, as does my '03' but my '91 kills my back. So what is the best route to go and will I have still have legroom when it's done with the seat reclined enough to be comfortable? Thanks in advance.
Mopardragster
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Seat swap in a regular cab?

Postby PToombs » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:16 am

If you search 2nd gen seats you should get plenty of tips. This subject has been covered a lot on here. A regular cab is so small it's hard to get good legroom, but it can be done. Caravan seats workok, 2nd gen seats are fair, I have a set and like them better than the RC seats I had before. The bench sucked, but might have been better if I got it fixed.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby captmatthew1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 pm

caravan seats are excellent. im 6' 4" and i have plenty of leg room in my cab. they also hold you better and i have found the fabric they use to be really easy to clean if you get it dirty.
1992 W250 5 speed, pump maxxed, 366 spring, caravan seats, white gauges, more to come.
captmatthew1
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mopardragster » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I like the look of the Caravan seats with the second gen.center console. Time to call the junkyards. :mrgreen: how much modification was involved with the mounts?
Mopardragster
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Scrambled » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 am

I just finished up a 3rd gen seat swap and am working on a writeup with pics as soon as I get the time.
Scrambled
fuel pin?

Return to Body