Well, I started some body work...

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Well, I started some body work...

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 pm

OK man....you caught me in a senior moment....it is Dupont 131S fill-n-sand, sorry for making you waist your time
looking for something that they don't even make. :roll:
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Wed May 15, 2013 3:41 am

Ok, found it. Thanks :salut:

I'm kind of getting excited. The hood, doors, fenders, and tail gate are all ready to be sanded and primed :D
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby m880cummins » Fri May 17, 2013 7:46 pm

1STGENFARMBOY wrote:A QUART ! ! ! !HA HA HA HA I get it by the gallon.

primerin in a bug aint bad, it's when you set down the gun after the last coat of clear
and a giant luna moth lands in the middle of the hood and drags himself around in big
circles before dying.

if you have a dent the size of a dime, before i get it to look ok i have put on and sanded
off a pint of plastic filler.

Darwin

HAHAHAHA I've had that happen!!! The whole time you are cursing the darned thing and pissing the neighbors off with colorful phrases. Then you come back down and grab a razor blade and lift it out and if your lucky there aren't little bug legs and crap left. If so you spend another couple minutes pooling the blade around trying to get it all lol
1977 M880 Cummins 5 speed SOLD :(
1985 Crew cab Cummins P7100 NV4500 D60/D80
SUNY Maritime Class of 2017!
m880cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:57 pm

Now we're cooking with peanut oil!

I ordered a sander and spot weld cutter today. I think I'll go hunting for primer on a rainy day next week and then chit's going to get real up in here. It's strange, but I enjoy bodywork and I'm looking forward to this project firing up again.

I'm not going to put any effort into my cab yet, as that '90's fate is still up in the air. The fenders, doors, hood, and tailgate will be done soon (on my time scale) and the bed will be too after I get my act together and order patch panels.

cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby 93oneton » Sun May 19, 2013 12:02 am

I enjoy the body work also, and that spot weld cutter will make all the better! I was really dreading re skinning my bed till I used the cutter. Never again will I remove spot welds without one!
Shit happens
93oneton
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK..........
Here's some things I've learned over the past few days.
1. The air file is too slow for me when trying to take paint off the hood. I'm leaning towards sand blasting everything. I know that I can move quickly and not create heat. The weather is not cooperating enough to do things the way the pros would. I'm painting in the pasture and a freaking cow stuck her nose on my paint and got it dirty :roll:
2. The paint shop talked me into some Metallock primer. It can be a high build, primer-sealer, or sealer depending how I mix it. It should work.
3. The spot weld cutter is SCHWEET!
4. Anything I accomplish is a huge step forward. This is my first experience with body work, so it's not going to be perfect. I can't sweat the small stuff and the further I go, the more I learn. I likely won't follow the known path, but I've read, understood, and done so much more than I had when I left the project off for the winter.

cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Fri May 31, 2013 5:36 pm

That's funny about the cow, You should leave the mark in it, just say "it's a farm truck!" Got a pic of it? :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Fri May 31, 2013 5:47 pm

A pic of the cow? I thought you were into sheep Pete?
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Fri May 31, 2013 6:01 pm

RumbleFish wrote:A pic of the cow? I thought you were into sheep Pete?

He just wants to see Taco's new lady. :lol:
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Busted again! :oops:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 am

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........
First pics of the new year :lol: And I'm waiting on filler to dry...

My DS fender is perfect. Win on that front. My PS isn't :mad: The fancy trim was hiding a surprise and I cut it out. Should I replace that pinch welded in support? I'm feeling extra handy with a MIG lately.

Outside-

Inside-

Here's the present I came home to the other day. I guess cow snot is slightly corrosive...

The perp is in this line up...

Hands off the calves. They're bulls :lol: I'd hate for one of you pervs to get caught it a bestiality, pedophilia, AND homosexuality sting :lol:

And here's my helper

cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:11 am

cmann250 wrote:My DS fender is perfect. Win on that front. My PS isn't :mad: The fancy trim was hiding a surprise and I cut it out. Should I replace that pinch welded in support? I'm feeling extra handy with a MIG lately.

What a joke. I'm 99% sure that I'll just find a good fender. The welding part isn't hard, but the hammering an arch into a formerly flat piece of metal is not jiving with my patience level.

Oh yea, I pulled a Toombs on you guys. The hood, doors, and tailgate are all primed for the final time. I suppose my patience level was extra low when I was sanding the hood initially. Between my air file and orbital sander, sanding paint off is just fine. The air file is awesome for sanding down filler. My patch panels are en route for the wheel arches, so the bed may next on the list.

I suspect the bed will need 2 or 3 day's work, the same on the cab, and a day or two on miscellaneous stuff. I may be getting down to the wire without even knowing it.

cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Hansen01 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:44 am

Siht your making some progress, your gonna be done before me :lol:
I just ordered some chassis saver today paint on the frame and the inside of the wheel arches
1990 dodge W250 cummins 6 speed. 4in diamond eye, a turbo,and a pump :D
Under construction...
Hansen01
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 am

I tend to stay out of body threads since I have no business around steel that's thinner than 1/8", but I'm glad I stopped in here. I pride myself on seeing all my potential girlfriends you all pick out for me.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 am

Hansen01 wrote:Siht your making some progress, your gonna be done before me :lol:
I just ordered some chassis saver today paint on the frame and the inside of the wheel arches

Hansen! You're back :lol:

This truck won't be my daily driver forever, so I'm not going to worry about that fancy paint for frame and stuff.

I did some careful measuring and I decided that my current blue fender's rust spot is just ahead of my black fender's rust spot. Cut bad spot out of the black fender, cut good spot out of the blue fender, weld together, grind, fill, sand and prime 8) That's this weekend's project.

I'll try to get some pics of my primed metal pile. (maybe) ((ok probably not in reality)) (((but there is a long shot chance))) :lol:

Tacoclaw wrote:I pride myself on seeing all my potential girlfriends you all pick out for me.

Hey, I'm glad I could hook a brother up. :mrgreen:

cmann250
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Body