Bringing the interior back from the dead!

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Bringing the interior back from the dead!

Postby m880cummins » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Did something about the interior on this thing. Don't plan to use the cab any bit longer then when the 4 door cab is finished so I just used plywood on the floor and called it good enough. Headliner and floors are Home Depot indoor/outdoor area rug 6x8 for $17. I used plastidip in a spray can for the trim and dash and it is really nice and durable. It doesn't chip but if you cut it you can peel it off. If it is damaged, when touched up the finish will morph back together and be noticeable. I used no sound proofing and find no difference in interior noise between now and before. The headliner will get 4 LED lights instead of the stock one... I am not using sun visors and will instead use a tint on the top of the windshield. It will also be fitted with a custom fabricated cab-mounted rear view mirror.

HAD TO GET RID OF BABY POOP BROWN INTERIOR!!!!

Charlie
1977 M880 Cummins 5 speed SOLD :(
1985 Crew cab Cummins P7100 NV4500 D60/D80
SUNY Maritime Class of 2017!
m880cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Bringing the interior back from the dead!

Postby PToombs » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Jeez Charlie, the floor looks pretty good for a quickie job! The headliner too. I need to do my headliner but just can't get after it.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Charlie, how did you form over the trans tunnel? Cut or heat?
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby m880cummins » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Didn't do anything for the trans tunnel. It laid down nicely and 6' wide carpet includes the length over the trans tunnel. Under the seat I just put a small fold in the carpet where you can't see it so it will line up nicely. It fit nicer than the molded floor mat I bought for my last truck... The main thing was starting at the front and pushing it up as far as you can behind the heater box and then having equal lengths on each side of the hump. I took the shifter stock off so there was only the small piece sticking up and that made it much easier to line up and cut accurately.

Pete, I used a hand wire brush and got the old adhesive off and then used 3 cans of 3M series 90 contact adhesive (kinda expensive at $13 a can) Then I just started at the center and worked my way out and then cut the carpet right at the corner and overlapped it so there wouldn't be any wrinkling.

Smells new too :mrgreen:

Charlie
1977 M880 Cummins 5 speed SOLD :(
1985 Crew cab Cummins P7100 NV4500 D60/D80
SUNY Maritime Class of 2017!
m880cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Body