What would YOU do?

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

What would YOU do?

Postby dpuckett » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:30 am

AS the TDR members/ browsers know, I had a less than stellar experience getting my windshield replaced the week before SOP4. I asked for a windshield and weatherstripping, but got a windshield only, as the old weatherstrip was so hard they actually BROKE the first W/S. I sprayed it with a hose and it leaked, so I took it back, and they glommed some silicone/ urethane under the glass, and called it good. They said if I have any problems, let them know, and they'd take care of it.

The rainy season has now started, and I called the shop back and asked if they would cover the labor to install a weatherstrip supplied by me, since they charged me $80 more than anyone else in town for a windshield alone (I THOUGHT I was going to get new weatherstripping, but turns out my $275 bought windshield and labor only :evil:; everyone else was $185-200 ). So, I am now at a quandry. With my criminal background and the law in this area, coercion is out of the question. What would be my next logical step? I have ordered a new weatherstrip, and hope to have it by the weekend, Mon at the latest (wont know for sure til CAJUN 93 gets back with me).

Small claims court? Better Business Bureau? What else can I do to get satisfaction (besides having automotive stuff done in the swamp, where at least a windshield can get installed right the first time)?

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby rbrettctd » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:06 am

Better business bureau rarely scares businesses...seems hardly anyone check into BBB anymore. Id try to scare them by mentioning BBB or small claims as you mentioned before actually going through with it.
Randy
1991 D-250 N/I CTD. POD's, , BHAF and unger custom intake /crossover, HX35/16, 4" exhaust to 6" tip, Custom ground pin. Isspro gauges on pillar. Now Getrag equipped, SB crap clutch (12") and 3.07 gears-ready to watch the mileage soar.
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

UPDATE:

Postby dpuckett » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:57 pm

They me called back at lunch time, and said they'd actually stand behind their installation :shock: . I have an appointment for next week. We'll just have to see how it goes. After the cr@pola I've been through, I'll be happy to just have the windshield intact and not leaking. Another expensive learning experience, I guess, though not nearly as expensive as yelling at the one old man 5 years ago.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:45 pm

DP, be nice, be friendly, ask exactly what they're going to do, and what parts are going in. Request they glue the rubber to the frame, at least on top. Maybe even have them write it down, if the tech can read we can only hope!
PS, don't yell at anybody! :wink:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Yes, Pete, I learned at work, diplomacy first, then chewing on backsides when that fails. I get practice at both on a daily basis. :roll:

I called the other day, and explained my dilemma, that I had been charged for what I thought was going to be a new weatherstrip, and the rest of the whole nine yards, and they said they will back up their work, meaning free labor for self supplied weatherstrip. At least I dont have to take it somewhere else and pay another $100-120 for labor. I did specify I want sealant between the metal and rubber, and will remind them when I take the truck in.

DP
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:34 pm

Sounds like it will work out for ya then. Keep us posted.
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:18 pm

I got them to replace the weatherstrip. Somehow, they managed to do it without breaking anything. So far, so good in the leak department.

When I made the appointment, the service writer ordered every part number listed. Guess what? The weatherstrip IS available aftermarket. It's not as heavey duty or pliable as the Mopar, so I had them install mine. It just turned into a $400 windshield. But at least I can see out of it and wont get wet in the rain (at least from the windshield- driver's weatherstrip is another story.)

DP
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:10 am

Well, about time! Glad you got it fixed. It sucks trying to avoid the rain drops IN the cab! :safe:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Body