MEGA Cab fenders?

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: MEGA Cab fenders?

Postby toyota231 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:19 pm

I do believe around $300 each is gonna be the going rate. I hopefully lucked up today and will be trading a turbo I have for a good dually bed locally. If not ill check them out. Thanks.
toyota231
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RumbleFish » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 am

Black93 wrote:There's a guy here in TN making them, but it seems $300 each is the going rate for repops.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/3770424984.html

This sounds just like the ebay ad I saw, and same area iirc. Ive found a few complete beds for $500ish, so I'd have a hard time dropping $600 on fenders and hacking up a srw bed to make them fit but that's just me. The last bed I bought was $450 and had 2 year old fenders on it with new paint.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby toyota231 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:28 am

Im with you on hacking up a good bed. I just got lucky yesterday and found a guy wanting to trade a good dually bed for a big turbo i have. I dont have anything invested in the turbo so im coming out good. Im glad cause its a pain in the butt to find a good bed in my area much less for a decent price.
toyota231
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu May 30, 2013 11:20 am

toyota231 wrote:...Im glad cause its a pain in the butt to find a good bed in my area much less for a decent price.

Too bad, I'm probably going to pitch one or 2 nice ones I have here and keep the fenders for posterity.
They don't seem to sell very well around here.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby Black93 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:28 am

Nice beds pop up around here from time to time, usually in the $500-$700 range. I had a spare dually bed that I sold a couple of years ago for $350 :roll:. It was probably a 8.5/10.
1993 W350 LE ext. cab dually, tuned pump, 60mm HX35, NV4500, 4" straight tbe, 366, 1/8" bump, THD fuel pin & lppp, DPS manifold, DFI 5x12's, 3" tubes, PS IC, D80 rear, 3.54's, 4th gen Alcoas.
Black93
fuel screw!!!!

Postby toyota231 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:38 am

I guess being out in farm country helps with having plenty of dually trucks. I know of a few people in my area that have been searching for decent beds for a while and rarely come upon them at all. I wish I had the means to pick them up, I'd buy your beds and bring them here for people that want them.
toyota231
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 am

I bought a really decent 1 ton dually out of TN a while back with a fair bed on it.
I need to rip the doors, front clip, rear axle and the 5 speed conversion out of it and send it to the iron.
Good thing it's still sitting on the trailer. :D

As I said, not really all that uncommon, nor all that desirable. :roll:

I've found that regardless of how much you want to help people, if you're viewed as a "Dealer", you might as well scrap it, because people have this odd idea you buy stuff for unrealistically cheap.
At least, around here that's how it works, the old "buy it to give it away" routine. :P

I've scrapped a LOT of nice stuff. :lol:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby toyota231 » Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

I guess I'm still just the young and dumb guy that wishes he could save all the trucks instead of them getting crushed. They are just a machine to some but to me they are still much more. I'll change in time but for now I'm still trying to save them lol.

I see adds all the time here in NC on Craigslist and other sites looking for 1st gens. I guess they are a little more desirable here since they are so scarce.
toyota231
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I understand how you feel, really.
I used to give a damn about them, but over time you realize that giving a damn about a hunk of iron and eating and paying bills don't go hand in hand.
After a person realizes that, it's easier to move on.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby toyota231 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Yes sir you are right. Eating is a priority especially for us fat kids lol. Still a little sad they all can't be saved but life goes on.
toyota231
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Thu May 30, 2013 3:48 pm

BTDT on parting out a 1st gen gasser. I kept decent (for IN) bed, decent fenders, and the hood and I'm -$50 on the ordeal. In reality I would have broken even if I wanted to get rid of everything, not considering the time and dealing with idiots that think they want to buy stuff. If it's not gone in a week, scrap it. If it has a rust-through, scrap it.

In short, the used parts market is bass ackwards. Buyers don't want to pay prices that sellers need to get in order to make money. Most buyers are lazy and won't source the parts themselves and then whine and cry when the seller needs to stick to a price in order to make it worth while.

And I'm getting ready to play the whole game again with a '90 diesel :lol: You become an expert on these trucks once you've had several apart 8)
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby toyota231 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:03 am

cmann250 wrote:BTDT on parting out a 1st gen gasser. I kept decent (for IN) bed, decent fenders, and the hood and I'm -$50 on the ordeal. In reality I would have broken even if I wanted to get rid of everything, not considering the time and dealing with idiots that think they want to buy stuff. If it's not gone in a week, scrap it. If it has a rust-through, scrap it.

In short, the used parts market is bass ackwards. Buyers don't want to pay prices that sellers need to get in order to make money. Most buyers are lazy and won't source the parts themselves and then whine and cry when the seller needs to stick to a price in order to make it worth while.

And I'm getting ready to play the whole game again with a '90 diesel :lol: You become an expert on these trucks once you've had several apart 8)

You are right parting a truck is a PITA trying to deal with the people not wanting to pay what it's worth. I've been lucky around here with the diesel crowd they are pretty decent to deal with. But there's always idiots.
toyota231
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Body