D-model guys - mud flaps

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: D-model guys - mud flaps

Postby cmann250 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Dar, those two plates probably cost more than my new paint job :lol:

To everyone else, I don't really want to use rubber and I think plastic doesn't look right on a 1st gen. :?

So I'm back to the diamond plate. I guess no one has done it yet, so I may be the first. Hmmmmm.....
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Mine are rubber, real stiff rubber too. They were fairly inexpensive considering the real nice JD logo on them. :mrgreen:

Hansen, nice comforter, again with the nice logo! :lol:

Now I know Dar is cheap, but the JD flaps are only a few bucks more than the plates he put on! :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby thrashingcows » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:06 pm

I had HD Aluminum ones on my D350 Cummins Crewcab. They were left over pieces from the aluminum running boards that I started using as mud flaps.

I don't have any specif pictures of them installed. But you can see them in these pics. The front ones were only about 6" wide I'd guess. The rear ones were probably around 10". Worked great.

If you click on the pics...then click on the magnify glass...twice I think...you can really zoom in for a close look at them.
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Postby Hansen01 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:12 pm

Caleb, seeing those aluminum ones, i may have a front set that came off of that tan dually i had, something like that would look good. i had diamond plate ones on mine when i bought it, i liked em but they wernt low enough for my liking so i went with diamondplate on top of rubber, to my current flappy rubber ones.
RCC, gotta be careful with mudflap weights that close to the exhaust, they can scratch up a tip in a hurry :lol:
1990 dodge W250 cummins 6 speed. 4in diamond eye, a turbo,and a pump :D
Under construction...
Hansen01
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Body