Replacing Rocker Panels

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Replacing Rocker Panels

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:14 pm

OK I got it epoxy primered. I taped it off with paper and some masking tape. Scuffed it down with 400 grit sandpaper. I wiped it clean with a cloth and thinner (there are other ways but its what I had). Then I pulled out the paint gun and put on a thick layer. You can put on multiple layers but I was happy with it. I also decided to leave it in primer because the rest of the paint is not in great condition. It will get painted someday.

93 Dodge W250 4X4, Custom air intake, Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, HX-35W with Banks upgrades, KDP fixed, Getrag 5 speed, Isspro Tach, pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. Raptor 150, 3200 rpm spring, Power Screw in 1 turn, aftermarket fuel pin
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:05 pm

I've been putting some kind of chip guard on the bottom of my trucks when I paint them. Helps to protect it some and I don't have to do a perfect job sanding, the chip guard texture hides most sins. ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby 93DodgeCummins » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:56 am

I finally got my drivers side done. I haven't had much time to work on it. I ended up putting 3 coats of primer on and didn't mess with base coat or clear coat. The paint is not worth it until it gets a whole new paint job. I got the fender and door back on. The door isn't positioned just right yet as seen in the picture.

I got the passenger side dissembled and cut the old rocker off. (had to show off my intake!)

93 Dodge W250 4X4, Custom air intake, Diamond Eye 4 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust, HX-35W with Banks upgrades, KDP fixed, Getrag 5 speed, Isspro Tach, pyro, fuel pressure, and boost. Raptor 150, 3200 rpm spring, Power Screw in 1 turn, aftermarket fuel pin
93DodgeCummins
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Body