Replacing floor pans on Ext Cab

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Replacing floor pans on Ext Cab

Postby Cburb1988 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:28 pm

My floors are shot in my truck driver side carpet is drooped pretty good near kickpanel to rocker area from it being rusted out. My passenger side is really crappy, its bad enough to where the floor droops when u get in it and the passenger seat will wobble side to side. Has anyone done floors in an ext cab? i cant find any info on this i think the replacement floor pans dont go back father then where the seat is at. Im curious what i would do if the area where the seat bolts onto needs replacing as well. LMC truck only shows reg cab and crew cab stuff just trying to get a better idea of what i have to deal with thanks.
93 W250 LE CTD Ext Cab 4WD 5 Speed.
Cburb1988
fuel pin?

Re: Replacing floor pans on Ext Cab

Postby oldestof11 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:05 am

Go to the junkyard and find a nice flat hood and use it for your pan under the seat.

Check out Rock auto. 2 rockers and drivers floor pan was going to cost me $106 shipped to my door last night.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Re: Replacing floor pans on Ext Cab

Postby Cburb1988 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Yea i saw rockauto had a few things for these wasnt sure on quality from them but looks the same as LMC. It does appear like it doesnt go past the seat i was just curious what id have to do incase its rotted out at all from the seat back, guess i wont really know until i tear into it i cant really find any info on people that have done it. Only info i see is people doing reg cabs.

Im also not sure how much fun im going to have trying to replace the floor with my welder since its only setup for fluxcore, its a nice tweco machine and has an arc inductance setting but im not sure how its gonna turn out on 16 gauge or whatever the floor is.
93 W250 LE CTD Ext Cab 4WD 5 Speed.
Cburb1988
fuel pin?

Return to Body