Slow windows, dash lights, and speedo

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Slow windows, dash lights, and speedo

Postby bgbubabrwn » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:07 am

I think the switch for driver side window is going bad, but also both sides seem to be going slower than when i bought the truck. Are there wear points on them or just certain areas that need to be greased?

On the left side of my dash the normal green glow is gone now to an amber incadescent color. Easy fix or not worth the hassle? Parts?

And finally... went on a trip to get some firewood, had to do some 4wheeling to get out there and flexed out the ol dodge pretty good. Got back on the paved road and my speedo was bouncing, after about a day it just stopped moving, but will come back and bounce on occasions. Ideas on where to start on this? I also had my head under the truck that day and the wires for the speedo sensor had been pulled a bit tight.
bgbubabrwn
fuel pin?

Re: Slow windows, dash lights, and speedo

Postby flashgordon » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:58 am

bgbubabrwn wrote:I think the switch for driver side window is going bad, but also both sides seem to be going slower than when i bought the truck. Are there wear points on them or just certain areas that need to be greased?

On the left side of my dash the normal green glow is gone now to an amber incadescent color. Easy fix or not worth the hassle? Parts?

And finally... went on a trip to get some firewood, had to do some 4wheeling to get out there and flexed out the ol dodge pretty good. Got back on the paved road and my speedo was bouncing, after about a day it just stopped moving, but will come back and bounce on occasions. Ideas on where to start on this? I also had my head under the truck that day and the wires for the speedo sensor had been pulled a bit tight.

As far as the speedo gos,check the adaper the gos from the speedo gear to the electric wires you will probably find that shaft striped or broken.............or it's just loose.

Flash
91.0 non intercooled 3/4 ton 5sd ex.straight piped 16cm housing, timing bumped 1/16...Pump . Full power screw1/2 max with out removing the collar. Gear Vender over drive!
"NOW" with 2nt gen intercooler, turbo and 3"Coolertubz, Buy Tim (TWorline)"
flashgordon
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Slow windows, dash lights, and speedo

Postby TWorline » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:55 pm

bgbubabrwn wrote:On the left side of my dash the normal green glow is gone now to an amber incadescent color. Easy fix or not worth the hassle? Parts?

The bulbs on that side have probably burnt through the filters. See the post in "Electrical" for dash lights.
Tim Worline
1992 W250 Club Cab LE, S300 62/71, 5" stainless intake, 4" into 5" exhaust, ATS exhaust manifold, SDX 5X18 Injectors, AirDog 150, Borgeson shaft, Coolingmist Vari-cool, Con OFEK, 3" Stainless CoolerTubz, 354/749.

http://www.CoolerTubz.com/
TWorline
14mm rotor

Return to Body