Speakers

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Speakers

Postby Togorashi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:28 am

I took the door panel off today to have a look at the speakers. Looks to be 6X9 in the door. There is a ton of spare room in there! It looks like there is another spot for speakers. There is a black plastic piece in there now. I assume it's to allow air flow or something. It could easily accomodate another speaker.

Anyone ever thought of putting two 6X9's in each door? More is better right ;)
Stock 1992 D250 Regular Cab
Togorashi
smoke screw?

Postby 1991cummins » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:04 pm

i have infinti reference 6x9s in the door and infiniti reference 4x6s on the dash with a 200 watt 4x amp a shallow mount ten in a truck box with a 100 watt amp bridged pioneer deck...
that setup will inprint sound waves into your brain... its easily loud enough to cloud out seventy mile an hour wind noise with all windoes down and stacks screaming...

but when i was creating my setup i thought about that...

buy the way... alot of speakers stick out farther than the panels will allow... i just cut it out in the shape of the speaker and filed it down to a damn near perfect fit, looks great ;) soiund better 8) lol
1991 D350, reg cab, five speed, 4" dp 5" mitre cuts, 32 gsk, pump max, piston lp, POD injectors, S300, 3" cooler tubz, coolingmist, boost, pyro and tach... dually rockstars black, and custom fit 2nd gen towing mirrors
1991cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Togorashi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Cool.

So how did you mount your 4X6s on the dash? My truck is a bone stock work truck with just a factory AM/FM radio. I've heard that some trucks from that year had 4X6s as well, but I'm not seeing where they go.

Nice to see someone from Boerne. I'm from Austin but I go down there every so often. My girlfriend's family has a place down there.

Thanks.
Stock 1992 D250 Regular Cab
Togorashi
smoke screw?

Postby 1991cummins » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:25 pm

i have heard that too... but never seen or found them in mine or anyone elses... so idk...

i just got 3/8 bc ply wood and built a box for two speakers... fully enclosed(not seeled) and set it in the cener of my dash... they are square 4x6s with a 4 inch round speaker and a tweeter thingy... they look like guitar cabinets speakers for amplifiers... i was worried they would sound bad or overpowering in the center but they sound great...
1991 D350, reg cab, five speed, 4" dp 5" mitre cuts, 32 gsk, pump max, piston lp, POD injectors, S300, 3" cooler tubz, coolingmist, boost, pyro and tach... dually rockstars black, and custom fit 2nd gen towing mirrors
1991cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Body