Mirror mounts

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Mirror mounts

Postby Renigade » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Gents I want to mount mirrors on my truck that has the 3 point places to secure it and I would like to know what kind of anchors to get and where at.
1993 1st gen BHAF -Smoke screw 2.5 turns, star wheel 2.5 turns. Fuel screw 1.25 turns, fuel pin ground.
Renigade
fuel screw!!!!

Postby shadrach » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 am

Go to a place that sell body shop supplies and tell hem what you are doing. There are several versions of the nuts, some called "wellnust" or rivnuts" . They can be either rubber with a metal insert or aluminum. With the rubber ones you won't need a washer to protect the paint. Ask if they rent the tool to install them. Shadrach
1) 1984 D350 Crew Cab 360 V8 auto [b]FOR SALE[/b]
2) 1992 Club Cab D250 auto- with 93 engine
3) 2003 Quad Cab Laramie 4X4 CTD HO G56 6 speed
shadrach
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:34 pm

I just put a 1/4" bolt with a nut and a large fender washer inside the door. I'm also real careful what I whack with the mirrors too. I'd be pissed if I tore that washer thru the door! :shock:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Renigade » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:16 am

PToombs wrote:I just put a 1/4" bolt with a nut and a large fender washer inside the door. I'm also real careful what I whack with the mirrors too. I'd be pissed if I tore that washer thru the door! :shock:

I had thought about doing it that way then it dawned on me in one of my trucks in the past I had done that . Then I remember tearing a great big ole hole in the door with the washer.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Shadrac I went and checked with a Buddie of mine that has a body shop and he knew exactly what I needed so he gave me some and loaned me the tool. :grin: :grin:
1993 1st gen BHAF -Smoke screw 2.5 turns, star wheel 2.5 turns. Fuel screw 1.25 turns, fuel pin ground.
Renigade
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dnrcustoms » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:23 pm

If you didn't do it yet.. I would just use a bolt and a nut on the inside... Using the tool It pushes on the metal creating a small dent around the insert... I just did it not to long ago on a fresh repainted mint door.. I was pissed after I was done and it still bothers me... Trust me... Just use a small piece of rubber inbetween the frame and panel..
dnrcustoms
fuel pin?

Return to Body