Gauge Pod Question??

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Gauge Pod Question??

Postby LOGANSTANFORTH » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:04 am

i know this is horribly newbish of me but need a couple quick answers and my trucks are 8500 miles away.......

ok got a question for you guys with them, is there enough room on the pillar to stack two of the double pods, like the ones showed in the link below cause i would like the ability to run 4 gauges in my tow truck, could some of you guys do some measuring and get back to me on it.....PLEASE.....cause if i can run them, im going to order two of them so i can run 4 gauges, Pyro/Boost combo gauge, tranny temp, tachometer and fuel pressure......thats a total of 375 bucks and i think thats pretty good for getting 2 pods and 5 displays.....

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/86-93-do ... r-pod.aspx

can i atleast run a double and a single pod so i can run 3 gauges.....

and is their anyone out there making fitted custom gauge pods for our trucks or does anyone know what ones fit on top, on or around the dash the best.......its a 1993 dually.....
THEY PUT THEM ON A PLANE TO SOME STRANGE AND FOREIGN LAND, THEY SAID GOODBYE TO MOM AND DAD AND HELLO TO UNCLE SAM, THEY NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN THEY MIGHT HAVE TO KILL A MAN, THEY DID NOT SLEEP A WINK THAT NIGHT BUT THEY WON FOR UNCLE SAM
LOGANSTANFORTH
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Philip » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:13 am

That pod your showing is made by ProPods. The gages set pointing almost straight up. They have problem with glair from sunlight hitting the gages threw the windshield.

The AutoMeter gage pod has the gages angled more. Glair isn't a problem with one of those pods.

I have an AutoMeter pod. A friend has a ProPod. I just did a 1800 mile trip in his truck. This little drive was in different lighting conditions. I wouldn't recommend the ProPod model.

I don't think you have room to stack two of them. I have seen guy's use a single cup model and a double together. For your year truck the 94+ model gage pod for the steering column will work.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby LOGANSTANFORTH » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:09 am

thank you, this quick reply and the info means ALOT, im working in iraq right now and my truck is at my house in florida......
THEY PUT THEM ON A PLANE TO SOME STRANGE AND FOREIGN LAND, THEY SAID GOODBYE TO MOM AND DAD AND HELLO TO UNCLE SAM, THEY NEVER THOUGHT THE DAY WOULD COME WHEN THEY MIGHT HAVE TO KILL A MAN, THEY DID NOT SLEEP A WINK THAT NIGHT BUT THEY WON FOR UNCLE SAM
LOGANSTANFORTH
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Farmboy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:33 pm

I don't know what your price range is but these are pretty cool

http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?t=4366
1990 W350 4X4 NOW INTERCOOLED 5-speed. Boost/Pyro. Few light tweaks to the pump. Now a dually with an aluminum flatbed!!
Farmboy
14mm rotor

Postby redneckroot » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this yet, but I'm thinking about mounting mine on the pillar with these. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku
1990 Restored with a bit of aftermarket goodies might be for sale?
1993 ex. cab 2wd soon to be 4wd Newest Project
1998 ex. cab 12v 4x4 now a 5 speed SOLD
redneckroot
14mm rotor

Postby LOGANSTANFORTH » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:12 pm

Farmboy wrote:I don't know what your price range is but these are pretty cool

http://www.1stgen.org/viewtopic.php?t=4366

thats sweet but not for 300 bucks......thats way too high for a pillar pod......

i bought the double, single, and steering wheel pod......
LOGANSTANFORTH
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Body