My Parts Truck

both inside and out

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

My Parts Truck

Postby FRadisi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:59 pm

I'll probably be pulling off some parts from our '76 D300 (has a 440). We had it for sale when it was parked and turned out like every other one of our projects :lol:

My original plan was to restore it and find a 6BT to drop in, but that idea went down the drain when I saw how much work it would take to fix all the rust.

I am probably going to get the mirrors, and possibly the doors if by some chance the body lines *might* match up. The reason I want the doors is for their simple design, I like it a lot better than a full plastic panel for some reason. The front bumper will also get put on my '91 :mrgreen:
FRadisi
fuel screw!!!!

Re: My Parts Truck

Postby FRadisi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Some more pics...

FRadisi
fuel screw!!!!

Postby FRadisi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Does anyone know if the '76 birdbath hood fits onto my '91?
FRadisi
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 pm

I love that style dash! What's with the AC unit in the side of the box? :idea: Or is it a dog crate?
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby FRadisi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:15 pm

PToombs wrote:I love that style dash! What's with the AC unit in the side of the box? :idea: Or is it a dog crate?

Yeah I love that dash too and if it fit in my '91 I would definitely do a swap. The box on the side of the bed is just a storage box for tools. The previous owners has used it as a farm truck and it also has electrical 12v outlets inside the bed :mrgreen:
FRadisi
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:32 pm

12v outlets? :shock: So he can plug in his cell phone! :lol:
Oh, I think the bb hood will fit, not positive though. I'm sure others that have swapped more parts will let you know.
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby FRadisi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:40 pm

This truck was being driven long before cellphones were invented :lol:
FRadisi
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RumbleFish » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 pm

the hood will fit, but you need to swap the wiper cowl as well. maybe the wiper posts as well, i dont remember. its a shame the bed has that box in the side, 72-80 drw beds are hard to come by.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby FRadisi » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:59 pm

RumbleFish wrote:the hood will fit, but you need to swap the wiper cowl as well. maybe the wiper posts as well, i dont remember. its a shame the bed has that box in the side, 72-80 drw beds are hard to come by.

We have a lot of things that are hard to come by at our shop... that '76, lots of early A-body Barracuda body parts and glass, other mopar parts (rear ends, tunnel ram, original six pack...). Sometimes having a pack rat dad is a good thing :D
FRadisi
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Hmmmm, tunnel ram on the Green Machine........... 8) :mrgreen:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby 440trk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:15 pm

That's a 77 or early 78, judging by the grille. Definitely not a 76. The 77/78's used a unique radiator support, along with that 2 year only grille.

What seems to be the rust issues? That looks like a fairly solid truck to me....

To swap the birdbath hood is gonna take a little work. As mentioned, you will need to swap the cowl, but you will ALSO need to figure out a way to make the hood latch on your 91 work. When they changed the hood in 79, they also changed the latch location, as well as the latch on the radiator support. You'd have to do a little work to make it all function properly.
Mike (440trk)

91 W250 LE ~206k miles, 727, 3.07s, all stock
440trk
fuel pin?

Postby Mark Nixon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:10 pm

If the lights in the grille are correct, that truck's a '77.
'78 parklamps were amber.
To use the B/B hood, you do need the wiper cowl and the hood latch "loop" needs to be moved over ~1 inch.
You don't *HAVE* to use the early wiper pivots, the '91-up ones will just stick out a little more.

If you're using the intercooled radiator and core support, theres a LOT of chopping needed to the wider front understructure bracing, to clear the shroud support tabs on the radiator.
This same bracing needs to be clearanced for the radiator cap to clear. :lol:

Here's a side shot of the hauler, with the "new" grille and "old" hood, from last fall:

Funny, but it's looking like the ol' hauler is going to get yet ANOTHER refit THIS fall, mostly in the realm of a suspension upgrade.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Return to Body