Crewcab build??

Cummins Conversion & Builds

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Crewcab build??

Postby lugnutz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 pm

Okay guys, help me make a decision.
I am gearing up to start my crewcab conversion this winter and I have toyed with the idea of attaching the clubcab section onto the back of the crewcab. I have seen pictures in anther thread of others that have been done and they look pretty good.

I have an 85 2wd crewcab and a 93 4x4 clubcab parts truck, access to tools a shop and a welder and, I’m already figuring the frame would have to be stretched to make the clubcab section fit.

Should I just leave it alone and keep it simple or should I extend it?

I’m looking for any input or ideas on the pros and cons about doing it.
1998 Freightliner FL70 Crewcab, Cummins 8.3

Sold :-( 1992 W350 Clubcab, Getrag
BHAF, Stans 4" exhaust, H1C, GDS 60mm, 16cm housing, tweaked pump, Kdp, Autometer guage package.
lugnutz
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Crewcab build??

Postby BobS » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:59 am

It will be a lot more work than you ever anticipated. You will need to remove the outer roof and inner roof panels to get to the pinch welds. This involves cutting all of the spot welds of the roofs and the back of the cab. It would be unique but a lot more work. Then you will need to stretch the frame between the cab body mounts by the length of the club cab "insert" panel, about 19". This in turn could increase or decrease the stress points that cause the rear doors to flex and crack in the lower rear window area. Dodge should have installed a set of mid location body mounts which could have helped to prevent this.
BobS

Creating jobs is a byproduct of making a PROFIT!

91.5 W250 NV4500 Conversion
89 D350 Stock
92 W250 Crew Cab finally in progress
86 D150 wannabe 4BT http://4btswaps.com/
BobS
14mm rotor

Return to Conversions & Builds