Sold My First Gen

All of 'em

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O, MUDDY

Sold My First Gen

Postby Diesel Dan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Well i sold/traded my 92 first gen with the dump bed and my four wheeler for a 2001 second gen today

2001, 3500 cummins, Auto tranny, 114,000 miles with a recently rebuilt trany, disc brakes, leather and power everything, the truck dosent miss a beat (yet). the front end is still tight but a likes link is on the way.

so that aluminum flatbed that i was going to put on the 1st gen will now go on this truck.
nothig is done to this truck at all (modifying wise) and it needs a lift pump... but what else is new

My buddy trailered it down with his dodge and blew a head gasket on the way down.. so he will be back this Friday with parts to fix it so he can take his truck trailer new first gen and atv home.... in the mean time i gave him a another vehicle to get home to Pennsylvania today..

My buddys truck on the left with a blown head gasket
my new truck on the far right.
these two trucks are sisters other then one is a 5 speed and i got stuck with the auto :?
i guess that would make them brother and sister.... right

any way that was my excitement for this weekend and now i guess i need to find a second gen site to bother some other people.. :D Any ideas on a second gen forum ?

My Total Investment between ATV and Truck for trade $6000.00

Diesel Dan[/img]
1992 cummins, 350, single cab, 8 foor bed (kinda), manual, 4x4
Right now Very ugly but its a cummins!
Diesel Dan
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RumbleFish » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:30 am

you'll be sorry....
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:08 pm

RumbleFish wrote:you'll be sorry....

They always are. Usually the words "needs a lift pump" and "VP" don't go very well together, for the owner at least.

Ah well, hope you enjoy the new truck. Looks pretty good from the pictures. Although I wouldn't be caught dead in a 24 Valve.
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:26 pm

BANNED!

Well Dan, you're gonna regret it, but good luck. When you get another 1st gen to replace the '01 when it pukes, stop back. We'll be here.
We're the hard core backbone of the Dodge Diesel crowd, the 1st genners! 8)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:29 pm

What Pete said

dead lift pump + vp = lotso $ to fix

When you come to your senses we'll still be here
90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
93 W350 ext cab dually, getrag and a few adjustments
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby Diesel Dan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:26 pm

glad to know you guys will still be here..

i may be sorry
but time will tell

you have to be young and stupid before you are old and wise...

i guess that makes you guys old and hard headed. :D since im only 19

but hard headed is not always wrong so ill knock on wood and hope for the best..

thanks for all the help and information and maybe ill be back with a 1st gen sooner or later..

or just stop in to say hi

Diesel Dan :salut:
Diesel Dan
fuel screw!!!!

Postby peobryant » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:55 pm

I hope you like the new truck, but I would suggest getting a lift pump on there as soon as possible. You don't want to have to by a brand new pump, that costs the same as a 1st Gen do ya?

Just curious, but any particular reason you went with a 24 Valve? Stock to stock, it be a whole lot more powerful, but I bet you'll miss your mechanical pump.
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby Diesel Dan » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 am

yea i do believe you about missing that mechanical pump before too long but i needed a good truck that i could drive to work reliably every day and was tired of mooching vechicles off others. 24v is not a dream in mind but it was what was available. and the first gen i had needed a Crap Ton of work and many more $$ to get it inspected :cry: this was the fastest and simplest solution.

actually there was one other solution
a volvo turbo diesel station wagon i saw for sale on the side of the road.... :lol: :D (i still might have to buy it)

Diesel Dan
Diesel Dan
fuel screw!!!!

Postby 89silverbullet » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 pm

throw a airdog or fass on there and never worry about it! a fuel pressure gauge is a good addition to
1989 d250 muffler delete diaphram turned, fuel screw turned, the lowes special intake
89silverbullet
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Sold My First Gen

Postby james-93-12valve » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Diesel Dan wrote:Well i sold/traded my 92 first gen with the dump bed and my four wheeler for a 2001 second gen today

2001, 3500 cummins, Auto tranny, 114,000 miles with a recently rebuilt trany, disc brakes, leather and power everything, the truck dosent miss a beat (yet). the front end is still tight but a likes link is on the way.

so that aluminum flatbed that i was going to put on the 1st gen will now go on this truck.
nothig is done to this truck at all (modifying wise) and it needs a lift pump... but what else is new

My buddy trailered it down with his dodge and blew a head gasket on the way down.. so he will be back this Friday with parts to fix it so he can take his truck trailer new first gen and atv home.... in the mean time i gave him a another vehicle to get home to Pennsylvania today..

My buddys truck on the left with a blown head gasket
my new truck on the far right.
these two trucks are sisters other then one is a 5 speed and i got stuck with the auto :?
i guess that would make them brother and sister.... right

any way that was my excitement for this weekend and now i guess i need to find a second gen site to bother some other people.. :D Any ideas on a second gen forum ?

My Total Investment between ATV and Truck for trade $6000.00

Diesel Dan[/img]

thats a nice looking second gen you got from it
93 d350 5spd 4inch exhaust to a 6inch tip pump tweaked
james-93-12valve
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Other diesels