Parallel Fuel System

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby Begle1 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:24 pm

Well, noooo.... I'm building an all-original, one-off, one-of-a-kind Begle's Ultimate Veggie Oil kit.

Which looks a lot like a frybird kit, but I can guarantee you that it's convergent coincident...

Like the Frybird kit, I do have a heater coil in the tank, a heated filter, a "final heat exchanger" mounted just before the IP, line-in-line jackets from the tank to the filter, and electronic temperature controllers automating the switching process.

Unlike Frybird, I'm going to have an auxiliary fuel pump, a second heated filter, custom sheetmetal for the second tank, my tank's 50% bigger and mounts in the stock location (cough), I'm using a lot more stainless steel then they are, and I'm keeping the entire stock fuel system clear of veggie.

Of course, I have around $1000 dollars into this entire thing, including the RamCharger tank, and their system is $1,500, including the second tank.

But I have another $1000 in freebies and I have another $500 to go by the time I put my next order into Swagelok and buy a fuel pump...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby CAJUN 93 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:39 am

veggiesel's kit seems to work very well. he really researched it before install. sorry if i suggested you were doing something wrong, what i meant was if 20 people set out to build the perfect wheel all of them would be round :lol: . convergence is a good thing. so is thinking outside the box.

i like the idea of running wvo, but don't have the time for collection and don't know about giving up the power and fuel mileage (although mileage doesn't matter if the fuel is cheap enough).

daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to The good stuff