Anybody run Dynomite Diesel's Injectors?

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Anybody run Dynomite Diesel's Injectors?

Postby Begle1 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:25 am

http://www.dynomitediesel.com/prod_disp ... +Gen/0.php

$600 for "40 HP" injectors, $750 for "80 HP"...
Anybody know how they perform?

What other companies make injectors for our trucks that I don't know about? Because all I know of now are Dynomite, Lucas and New Era...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Re: Anybody run Dynomite Diesel's Injectors?

Postby bgilbert » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Begle1 wrote:http://www.dynomitediesel.com/prod_display/Injectors/26/89-93+First+Gen/0.php

$600 for "40 HP" injectors, $750 for "80 HP"...
Anybody know how they perform?

What other companies make injectors for our trucks that I don't know about? Because all I know of now are Dynomite, Lucas and New Era...

Just because a company doesn't have a fancy website or advertise on their website that they sell injectors for 1st gens doesn't mean they can't build you anything you want. I suggest calling Scheid Diesel.

BTW a high horsepower 1st genner ran dd4's or whatever they're called and lost alot of power over the honed 370's he originally had. As KTA said, what works well in a p-pump truck, doesn't mean it will work good in a VE pumped truck.
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:19 pm

I know a lot of places will make custom injectors; what I'd like is a round up of the off-the-shelf, ready-to-rock injectors...

The typical 2nd gen injector has way higher pop pressures, right? I think that some guys list "12 valve injectors" and don't specify between 1st gen and 2nd gen because they build them to either pop pressure for the same price (New Era's supposed to do that), and then other guys list "12 valve injectors" because out of ignorance they don't realize that 1st gen guys might be looking at their products.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:45 pm

I had a set of 40hp DDP injectors that were marginal at best. They did give me some power, but added smoke, and no more MPG than stock. They were a marine injector, and were spraying outside the piston bowl (confirmed when I pulled the head to do the head gasket- there were fire marks on top of the pistons, and not just a little soot, either). I dont know about their 3s or 4s. I told him I wanted power, but smoke, EGT, and MPG were more important.

I dont think there is that much demand for 1stGen injectors, esp when compared to 12 & 24v 2ndGenners.

The pop pressures will affect power output and dynamic timing. I would like no more than 3600psi, as stock calls for 3550psi. Stock 2ndGens are around 3850, IIRC. The higher pressure wont necessarily help atomization, as the pressure is already so high.

Dont forget Red Oak Diesel, I believe in Omaha, but dont hold me to that. He is thedieseldude, or something to that effect, on ebay, and his feedback is good, one guy on DTR (Boatnik) bought some and did gain 2mpg over what he had, along with about 70-80 dyno confirmed hp. I have yet to email the shop and pick his brain about his secrets of building a better injector, as I am not in the market at this time.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby CumminsPride » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:29 pm

I was checking those out of ebay and he says they use used or broke in injectors because the spring is "set" and then they mod and balance them. I shot him a e-mail a while back with no response so I guess if you won't actually tell me what I'm buying my money ain't goin there!

Wade
06 3500 AT Mega Cab SRW 4X4
CumminsPride
fuel screw!!!!

Return to The good stuff