bosch 190 opinions

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby PToombs » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:56 pm

DTanklage wrote:still trying to find out the exact dimensions but i believe both those tips (2nd gen 185 & 190) are smaller than the stock first gen 6x009

if they are smaller how can they flow more fuel????

don

Don, they don't flow more. They atomize better. You get more power with less fuel. Per Mark at PDR. :wink:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby DTanklage » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:46 pm

what could possibly atomize better than the stock 6 x tiny's?

you know what i mean?

smaller should be less power, less egt, less smoke - one would think...

i know our 1st gen pistons leave a lot to be desired as far as the bowl goes - werent the stock injectors designed to work specifically with those pistons?

i wonder what power miller's truck would make on same dyno same day if he threw the stock injectors back in there?
slowass 2nd gen - ADRL pro mod bike #798 - 4.26 @ 175 mph (1/8m) - how quick do you wanna go?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 pm

More smaller holes don't always equal better atomization.

What works really comes down to trial and error. After somebody does find something that works it's explained with terms like "spray angles", "hole geometry" and "injection pattern", but it's more of an art than a science.

Furthermore, injectors that atomize really well in some heads and pistons might not work worth crap with different swirl levels, valve geometry or piston design.

Hmm... Why not cut a couple really big holes in the very middle and then a few smaller holes around the outside...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:25 am

Begle1 wrote:Hmm... Why not cut a couple really big holes in the very middle and then a few smaller holes around the outside...

'Cause then you won't build pressure, it'll dribble out the big holes.
I know you don't mean BIG holes, just bigger. I think it would dribble out of the big ones until you build pressure enough to fuel the small ones. Understand? I know what I mean, I just can't get it to come out right! :x
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to The good stuff