Slacker IP's or ?

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: Slacker IP's or ?

Postby D-dog357 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:45 pm

OK - we are making progress thanks to all the advice you guys are kind enough to give :D :D

Adjusted the high idle screw till the throttle lever is just short of touching the fuel line and swapped holes for the linkage and return springs. I also chopped 5 ft off the exhaust, it now dumps in front of the tire. Pipe was pinched by a 1/3 over the axle :shock:

Drives more like a gasser now and the peddle feels much better, might even be able to pass a Yugo now :lol:

Surprised to see it doesn't blow any more smoke then it did but sure has a noticeable improvement in driveability and it now builds close to 11psi of boost running empty and the EGT's dropped 50*. Beats the crap out of the 2-3 psi I was getting when I bought it. About time that turbo did more then just add to curb weight!

I feel much better about all the money I've fed this thing in the last month - tires, alt, batt, fuel pump, KDP, Belt and hoses etc not to mention the HX housing and injectors. Just yesterday the U joints started to laugh at me - this beast has been eating my vacation money damn it ! :mad: :mad: :mad:
'92 ex-cab, A/T, 3.56, timing bumped 1/4" , 366 w/ fuel 1/2 turn past collar, smoke all the way out and a ported HX hot side. Airbox and core support drilled for more cold air.
A no budget work truck.
D-dog357
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Slacker IP's or ?

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:43 am

Re work your fuel line so that your can swing your throttle passed it. You're only getting like 1/2 throttle with it hitting that line. Also, grind your fuel pin........turned to the deepest didn't do a LICK of good on my current pump, I had to grind it to gain anything.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to The good stuff