D350 dually drag truck?

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

D350 dually drag truck?

Postby oldestof11 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:57 pm

Ok. Thanks to Rumblefish 8) He has found me a truck that I am hoping to get. Got 1 day left on the bid, fleabay. No engine or tranny. I have the engine but no tranny. It had a Getrag so I am wanting to keep it that way. It is a 93 D350 regular cab dually. Now can I realistically drag with it? I plan on 3rd gear launches to minimize shifting but I plan on towing so I think twins are in the future. ;-) If I do not get the truck, hopefully there will be a good amount of info for future people.

What are the weak points in a getrag? If it is anything but gears and bearings, I have access to a machine shop to build some parts. I can get bearings of any size so they are too much a problem to get.

Now on the engine, what are some mods? 4gsk, valve springs, polishing (I really do not want to port. Maybe you can convince me otherwise?), twins (what kind?), better intake, intercooler, injector lines (Thanks for the good read Ford!), anything else?

Anything else?

Jon
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby ford69557ci » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:23 pm

better have one killer clutch for 3rd gear launches. larger injector lines and towing will not mix. if you wantin reall power and enough fuel to spool a larger set of twins then a 14mm h&r is in order along with injectors. i cant say what injecors because my setup is not done yet but i am am startin with some 6x22 and some 6x20. port the head its worth some air flow to not only make power but reduce egt i have a pdr stage 3 that will be goin on my truck. for more air flow and again lower egt and more top end punch a cam is a good idea i am using a maxspool 2. as for turbo's i am going to running a s300 64-17-15 and a s475 dont know the specs on that yet. i have a feeling that that wont be enough turbo so i will probably have to go bigger. wanna go really fast for cheap get some funny gas i love it on my current setup plus clears alot of smoke. i would intercool it i will be using a powerchoke cooler and in between the turbos i am going to run an air to water. and finally if you do plan on towing i would get a good water meth setup just in case i have a snow stage two on the truck now and it does great but in my parts pile i have a coolingmist with a computer tuned ecm controller, dual pumps and 4 nozzles. oh yeah the getrag seems to be pretty strong i power shift and do 4x4 launches on mine all the time and never have had any problems and kta is makin some high power and i dont think he has had very many issues?
92 w250, NV4500, D80, maxed pump, AFC gone, extended fuel screw, more to come.
ford69557ci
14mm rotor

Return to The good stuff