Playing around, new setup.

How to make it go fast

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Re: Playing around, new setup.

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm

You still running a ground stocker pin?

If so, you might have a very noticeable difference going with something like the BD or M&H series of pins. On the low end of course
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby skilletky » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:19 am

Sutter1stgen wrote:.
I knew I'd be spoiling for quite some time so I "zip-tied" my tv lever all the way back

i did this and it hurt my time. i used a piece of a coat hanger that i can bend to put the lever where i want. i found on mine, that keeping it in the middle of its travel works the best. i tried about 3/4, and it still shifted a little too late.
92 d350, arp's, orings, 150lb springs, 4200 gsk ,ground pin ,64/71/14 ,ddp inj's, ats manifold, tim's tubez, ats trans, FASS, locker, timing + a tooth, bcdd intake

2001 2wd rclb dually 5sp, smarty, Bluechip FMS, TS MVP, 57/75 twins, stainless diesel pipe kit, valair clutch, airdog 150, DFI SAC 7x.014's, cheap a$$ intake, ARP studs, oringed head, CPP 115# springs
skilletky
14mm rotor

Postby Sutter1stgen » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:11 am

skilletky wrote:
Sutter1stgen wrote:.
I knew I'd be spoiling for quite some time so I "zip-tied" my tv lever all the way back

i did this and it hurt my time. i used a piece of a coat hanger that i can bend to put the lever where i want. i found on mine, that keeping it in the middle of its travel works the best. i tried about 3/4, and it still shifted a little too late.

Good to know!! Thanks for the tip. I thought about a small turnbuckle like on our throttle linkage, just so I could fine tune it. But I'm sure a piece of wire would be a lot easier.
I manually shifted 2-3 on the way home @65 and noticed the truck defueled hard from 55-65. It may not be much when your already going, but might as well fine tune it.

About how much time did you shave off of your ET?

Another thing I noticed was how hard it was to spool with my ksb energized. Maybe if I had it on a 3way switch with a pressure switch on one of the "on" positions, it would spool, launch, and get out of the hole quicker. While maintaining good top end.
:scratch: just a thought.
Eric

91'w250 with a new pump. This one doesn't chase itself around in a circle.
Sutter1stgen
14mm rotor

Postby skilletky » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:14 am

i dont remember exactly, but it was a good bit. i had my ksb setup how you were thinking of doing it, worked real nice. i ran mine last friday. fooled with the TV lever some. let the trans do the 1-2, and was planning on manually doing the 2-3 3-4, but it started spinning right out of the hole, so i let out a little bit, and right when i got back into it, i accidently bumped it into 3rd. it was going from 2 to 3 and back to 2 for a few seconds then stayed in 3rd finally and took off. only got to run once because i still dont have a helmet. i was hoping to get the TV lever and timing dialed in finally.
92 d350, arp's, orings, 150lb springs, 4200 gsk ,ground pin ,64/71/14 ,ddp inj's, ats manifold, tim's tubez, ats trans, FASS, locker, timing + a tooth, bcdd intake

2001 2wd rclb dually 5sp, smarty, Bluechip FMS, TS MVP, 57/75 twins, stainless diesel pipe kit, valair clutch, airdog 150, DFI SAC 7x.014's, cheap a$$ intake, ARP studs, oringed head, CPP 115# springs
skilletky
14mm rotor

Postby Sutter1stgen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Well I found some more slack in my tv bracket on the transmission. I have it to where it pushes back completely on the tv arm, still can't get it to hold out like it did with the zip tie. I wonder if I could crank my line pressure up a few quarter turns to get it to hold the 2-3 shift longer? Thenaybe I could fine tune it better with the tv cable.
Eric

91'w250 with a new pump. This one doesn't chase itself around in a circle.
Sutter1stgen
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to The good stuff